PDA

View Full Version : tiny tstat housing leak,qwick fix in a bottle?

fclake
08-10-2006, 01:37 PM
I have used Stopleak type products before with great results on tiny leaks, although not in a BMW. Does anybody strongly recomend aginst this stuff for these cars? I know, "get off your ass and replace the part" Its not that I'm that lazy, I'm that broke.

granit_silber
08-10-2006, 01:44 PM
I have used Stopleak type products before with great results on tiny leaks, although not in a BMW. Does anybody strongly recomend aginst this stuff for these cars? I know, "get off your ass and replace the part" Its not that I'm that lazy, I'm that broke.
Don't do it. It will cost you more in the end. a new t-stat is like $18 or less dollars depending on your housing, the gasket is between $5 - $9 bucks. Check out www.bmaautoparts.com if you order on the web type "DOTINFO" in the coupon code section for 10% off.

-ashley

Qube
08-10-2006, 01:55 PM
I agree... if it's a t-stat, then just replacing it is easier and safer.

fclake
08-10-2006, 02:26 PM
I agree... if it's a t-stat, then just replacing it is easier and safer.

I have replaced the tstat, the leak is from the tstat housing bolt hole. It is so small it could wait a while, I think. Can air get in through that leak and screw up all the love I put into bleeding this system? Will the leak just blow and not suck? (sorry ma)