PDA

View Full Version : bad antenna reception

speeddemon
08-08-2006, 05:52 PM
just installed aftermarket stereo receiver and used the antena adapter to convert to motorola plug for aftermarket stereo and does not get clear reception from radio stations (95 5er) is their any way to check the integrated rear defroster antenna? has anyone encountered this problem?
thanks in advance.

genphreak
08-08-2006, 07:50 PM
just installed aftermarket stereo receiver and used the antena adapter to convert to motorola plug for aftermarket stereo and does not get clear reception from radio stations (95 5er) is their any way to check the integrated rear defroster antenna? has anyone encountered this problem?
thanks in advance.The factory amplifier remote on must be connected to power when the radio is on as this same wire also powers the factory antenna.

Usually the new radio has a remote on lead (blue) that shoudl connect to this. In my car the wire in the dash behind the radio that does this is white with a pink or red line... yours might be different as it is newer. Consult a wiring diagram for your model to know.

If your factory amp is coming on this should be operational. I think the antenna can be accessed if you remove the rear coiurtesy lights :) nick

Alexlind123
08-08-2006, 07:51 PM
The antenna module is on the drivers side behind the rear pillar.

speeddemon
08-08-2006, 09:36 PM
thanks for the replys , i have connected the white wire from the amp to the remote turn on and i still get bad reception the stereo works fine when the cd player is on . Do you know the wiring diagram to check the signal strenght in the antenna booster.
thanks again