PDA

View Full Version : Changed Aux Fan resistor.

guinness
08-08-2006, 03:04 PM
Well I got the new resistor in today, I had been looking at the directions posted here but decided to just pull the cover next to the fog light instead of removing the grill. I just slipped a screwdriver inside the opening and removed both screws then pulled the wires out through the grill, cut them and attached the new resistor, then slipped it past the grill and screwed it in place. The whole job took about half hour (not counting beer breaks). The only problem I had was that when I took her out for a drive with the A/C cranked up instead of sweating my b-lls off. I noticed that the needle was still a bit over half, can I do anything else to lower the temp?
Jim

SnakeyesTx
08-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Move to Alaska :D Honestly, its been almost 100 here everyday and my needle just creeps a hair past the halfway mark with the a/c on full blast. I wouldn't sweat it too much if yours is the same. From what I've been reading, your cars are supposed to be at the halfway mark for proper operation. If you're really clearing it somewhat, you could add a bottle of Red Line's Water Wetter or Royal Purple's purple Ice. Those are basically a catalyst for heat dissipation. Also, they recommend that you change the coolant to water ratio to make it water-heavy instead of coolant heavy, but I usually just use 1 gallon of coolant and top off with water to give me about a 60/40 ratio of water to coolant anyway. I used purple ice on my camaro and its dropped temps down maybe 15-20 degrees.

guinness
08-08-2006, 03:46 PM
I'll give the purple ice a try. Thanks
Jim