PDA

View Full Version : Breathe new life into your aircon.

Zeeny99999
08-07-2006, 06:10 PM
I just changed the pollen/micro filter that sits behind the centre console, on my 1994 E34 540. Had the aircon gassed before changing this filter and whilst it was cold, the airflow was not great and it could not cope with hot days. Changed the filter and now get double the air flow, the one that came out was BLACK with much !!!! It was a real pig to get in (the new one) but once in VERY HAPPY !!!

Position 2 on the blower is like position 4 used to be !!

CHANGE YER FILTER GUYS !!!

Qube
08-07-2006, 09:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/GKirk/normal_search-button-for-dummies.jpg

Sorry, nothing personal. It's just that this is a very rehashed topic... and there was a long threaded one that's probably now pushed to the second page.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/search.php?searchid=223252

On that note, good job! I hear it's a tedious process. While I don't have one, I don't know about that.

EDIT: Here it is, by brodee: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=24556

Gayle
08-07-2006, 09:54 PM
That is pretty cold Qube, but I got to admit Brodee's thread was the first thing that popped into my mind since it was only a couple of days ago and had that vivid picture.

New guy. This is a tough crowd. If you are feeling stupid, your have had lots of company. I think everyone feels stupid for about the first 3 months they post. You might find it helpful to read the sticky for newbies before they post.

Qube
08-07-2006, 10:03 PM
Heh. Nothing personal. I just love that picture and jump at the opportunity to use it. No doubt I'll probably get hit with it sometime soon...

NB: also no doubt that you'll find gems about your car that will have you doing cartwheels... after the cartwheels, do a search about it and maybe you'll find out even more about it!

winfred
08-07-2006, 10:48 PM
with all of the newbies around everywhere it's gotten boring, the guy i work with that's on mye28.com has the same complaint about over there, whats with the explosion of newbies?

That is pretty cold Qube, but I got to admit Brodee's thread was the first thing that popped into my mind since it was only a couple of days ago and had that vivid picture.

New guy. This is a tough crowd. If you are feeling stupid, your have had lots of company. I think everyone feels stupid for about the first 3 months they post. You might find it helpful to read the sticky for newbies before they post.

Gayle
08-07-2006, 10:58 PM
with all of the newbies around everywhere it's gotten boring, the guy i work with that's on mye28.com has the same complaint about over there, whats with the explosion of newbies?

Don't get me started on this topic. When I first started posting here, it felt like the neighborhood bar, where I could drop in and hang with my friends. Then there will be periods where there are waves of newbies and I don't recognize any of the names on the posts for a while. But as I lurk, I start to develop a fondness for the newbies who are interesting. And then old friends crawl out of the woodwork and it seems like the old place again. Being the snot that I am, I usually won't post except on the threads of my friends. Remember when I used to have the sig that said Miss Congeniality? What a laugh.

Jon K
08-07-2006, 11:03 PM
The cars are real cheap now, more and more to pop up.

winfred
08-07-2006, 11:10 PM
yea but the board almost doubled in size in several months, and at the bottom of the front page "Most users ever online was 532, 05-06-2006 at 08:32 PM" it sat at 260 something for better then a year then i noticed one day 532, damn odd i say

Gayle
08-07-2006, 11:40 PM

We just have to hang in there til a slew of them get wrecked and e34 get rare. We will send all the the dead e34 cars to Rigs farm for a endless supply of organ transplants.

In a couple of years, it will just be the 3 of us--Jon, Winfred, and me. I was talking with my indy on Friday and he said mine should be good for another 10 years at 15,000/year. That is what I was thinking. And Winfred has already promised me he will hang here with me.

Going to check out the stats you quoted Winfred, I noticed it is one of our bud's birthday. Happy birthday Ralph.

angrypancake
08-07-2006, 11:48 PM
We just have to hang in there til a slew of them get wrecked and e34 get rare. We will send all the the dead e34 cars to Rigs farm for a endless supply of organ transplants.

In a couple of years, it will just be the 3 of us--Jon, Winfred, and me. I was talking with my indy on Friday and he said mine should be good for another 10 years at 15,000/year. That is what I was thinking. And Winfred has already promised me he will hang here with me.

Going to check out the stats you quoted Winfred, I noticed it is one of our bud's birthday. Happy birthday Ralph.

I'm not going anywhere either. I wonder howmany posts Jeff will have in a couple of years?!

Gayle I liked your sig as "armchair mechanic and representative for the totally clueless." I paraphrased but stil....

Gayle
08-08-2006, 08:32 AM
I'm not going anywhere either. I wonder howmany posts Jeff will have in a couple of years?!

Gayle I liked your sig as "armchair mechanic and representative for the totally clueless." I paraphrased but stil....

That one was the best. I should go back to it.

Qube
08-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Here. I'll use this from now on then ...

http://jasonlau.ca/images/search_bimmer.jpg

Gayle
08-08-2006, 09:28 AM
Here. I'll use this from now on then ...

http://jasonlau.ca/images/search_bimmer.jpg

I love it. I am lifting that from you. You will have to race me to post it.