PDA

View Full Version : How to unlock a stuck double-locked rear door?

nuclearfusion
08-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Hi everyone,

My car has just developed a strange problem - my passenger side rear door is apparently double-locked (ie: the lock button will not move manually) and does not unlock with the rest of the system either.

The result is that my passenger side rear door is now seemingly permanently closed since I can't open it to remove the doorskin and diagnose the lock situation.

I have tried re-synchronizing the locks a few times but that doesn't work, or at least hasn't worked yet.

So two questions please:

1. Does anyone know what's going on with this?

2. How to open the passenger-side rear door if it's double-locked and won't open with the rest of the system?

Thanks for any help!

Fusion

Yaninnya
08-07-2006, 06:23 PM
The central lock solenoid is seized. But in the end you can only replace it, any attempt to repare it will and in the same way as it is now.
It is possible to remove the doorskin when the door is closed. Most probably you will brake feew plastic clips but nothing else.

MTV
08-07-2006, 09:18 PM
Hi everyone,

My car has just developed a strange problem - my passenger side rear door is apparently double-locked (ie: the lock button will not move manually) and does not unlock with the rest of the system either.

The result is that my passenger side rear door is now seemingly permanently closed since I can't open it to remove the doorskin and diagnose the lock situation.

I have tried re-synchronizing the locks a few times but that doesn't work, or at least hasn't worked yet.

So two questions please:

1. Does anyone know what's going on with this?

2. How to open the passenger-side rear door if it's double-locked and won't open with the rest of the system?

Thanks for any help!

Fusion

Not sure if this will work but give it a try.

Lift the passenger side door handle insert the key and turn it clockwise. Turn the key while the door handle is lifted. That should open the door. If it doesn't work try it the other way around.

A friend of mine showed me this trick when his battery died.

TC535i
08-07-2006, 09:25 PM
I have a passenger door that's stayed in the "unlock" up position every since my girlfriend had to manually unlock them since the battery died. It "twiches" when you lock/unlock the car, but it still stays up (you can open the door when the car's "locked").

Same problem? Something else?

shogun
08-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Thanks to Bill R. I have it copied
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/MDLeers/Reardoorpanelremoval.jpg