PDA

View Full Version : Is the painted top panel of sunroof easily replaceable ?

Chris'91'525i
08-06-2006, 07:15 PM
Or is the panel attached to a subassembly ?

It's hard to tell by looking at RealOEM.COM, I cannot tell if it's just a simple panel of sheetmetal, or an attached part of a whole subassembly. Can someone confirm how it's constructed ?
And how hard is it to replace,time wise ?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD53&mospid=47404&btnr=54_0148&hg=54&fg=05

I just notice what looks like cancer (rust) causing the paint to bubble up in one corner, about the size of a longneck bottle cap.

Looks like it originated from the factory since the cancer started from with inside of the sealed sunroof 's top panel. My car is a California car with no other signs of rust.

I was hoping I can replace just the sheet metal top of sunroof.
I'm afraid to start poking at it an have a gapping hole, since it looks like the rust is holding it together :( .........

TIA guys !!

Evan
08-06-2006, 08:19 PM
it's an easy remove replace... i just had mine off to get painted. i can't recall the procedure so i'm not much help but i do remember it's a simple piece of sheet metal

Chris'91'525i
08-07-2006, 08:21 PM
it's an easy remove replace... i just had mine off to get painted. i can't recall the procedure so i'm not much help but i do remember it's a simple piece of sheet metal

Thanks Evan, Thats what i was hoping for ......

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-07-2006, 08:30 PM
and it's off