PDA

View Full Version : Replacement BMW :) But fedex needed

ArtemLepilov
08-05-2006, 12:27 AM
VIN: WBABG1329WET06422 It should be a 1998 BMW 328IS 5-spd, red.

I might be able to sell my car and get some money for it.

But as a downside to not having a car - I need to get a new car to drive to school, work, etc...

So I fould this sweet car for a relatively cheap price, but something doesnt seem right about it on the pics - the wheels are different, etc.

Please let me know what the carfax says - if anyone has the membership. :)

-Artem

ArtemLepilov
08-05-2006, 12:27 AM
PS - I am actively looking for an E36 328I later years, have about $4-5k to spend.

Thank you, Artem

GoldenOne
08-05-2006, 12:50 AM
hmmm....dont you mean carfax? lol

Jehu
08-05-2006, 01:17 AM
uuuhhh, i am not old but.... my son is two years older than you.... i could be a grandfather at any time ... well,we work fast,we drive fast... but we live long.I tried a 3 series before i bought the 540. I tried a 1999 328 and i felt it was too small for me and I'm only six ft., two-forty something..I spent 90 bucks on a pre purchase inspection at an Independent BMW shop everyone raves about in Hudson,NH. They told me ;"Don't buy this car" and listed about five thousand dollars in work they claimed it would need. I've put in about $1,500 or so so far and have just a few hundred more before i shouldn't have to think about repairs for a while.Right now I'm hesitant to drive it after the Oil Pump nut issue really sank in. I need to use it tomorrow and I've put about 3,000 miles on it in about two months and it seems fine but , should i say "Thread Jack!" about here?...lol.. I need it tomorrow but doubt i can get the oil pan off before I'll need it .. wish me luck.. oh by the way. The 328 i was looking at was like $17,000.... not sure where you're finding your numbers at but any e36 you find for 4-5 k may look like it was pulled out from under a building in Beruit...

mamilapon
08-05-2006, 01:18 AM
Maybe you want Federal Express to cart you new car over to your house!

ArtemLepilov
08-05-2006, 01:33 AM
Haha... I know - carfax was what i meant. I have found a few E36's with problems here and there but mostly doable. I would definitely do the inspection and all. They may be small, but I determined an E34 to be a bit too big for me at the moment, and during the near-future. Besides - its the end of summer almost - time to get a new car to keep up with my old routine :) --> past 2 years I have done that. haha

-Artem (I can broaden my research to all E36s after 1992 - for the fuel economy (I really like the 28/29 MPG with a manual))