PDA

View Full Version : Anyone along I-75 or in St Pete's Beach / Tampa area?

talltorontoguy
04-04-2004, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone,

Planning a short road trip, from Toronto to Tampa... a 24 hour haul.

Anyone along I75 or in the Tampa Bay area in case I need some help with enroute repairs?

The E34 has done this trip 3x before... but this is the first time with so many miles on the clock.

Just hoping for a little insurance from my fellow bimmernuts.

Rod

ryan roopnarine
04-04-2004, 09:45 PM
down before you pass orlando, im on i75 in gainesville fl (hour and a half from orlando) i can bail u out, and if you can catch me on a free day, ill drive a little bit either n or s to get to you. i've only made the to. to florida trip once driving, i do the US driving, and mumsy drives from detroit to the terminus...took us 20 hours there, and 21 coming back. when do you plan to do this?

MBXB
04-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Oldsmar FL Here
on the North side of Tampa Bay. If ya break down anywhere South of Ocala, I can help out or get you towed to a good indy shop in St. Pete.
Be ready for the worst traffic in North America!
Let me know when you head this way.
Ramon
mbxb@aol.com

talltorontoguy
04-05-2004, 08:08 AM
Thanks guys! I'm planning to leave this coming weekend, haven't set the exact day yet. If I get stuck, I'll hop on the board somehow and put out a call for assistance!

TheGeak
04-05-2004, 08:53 AM
I'm just outside of Philadelphia. Doubt that helps much, but if you get lost, wind up in philly, THEN break down, i could possibly help! Lets just hope it doesn't come to that....

winfred
04-05-2004, 08:59 AM
baton rouge loserana here

talltorontoguy
04-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks TheGeak and Winfred....

Geak there's always the possibility of taking I95 instead! I was in Philly and NYC with car just 3 weeks ago!

Winfred... not sure about a detour to baton rouge, but you never know!!!

Thanks again guys...

Rigmaster
04-05-2004, 09:36 AM
Hey Rod,

I'm in NC, not too far from the I-95/I-40 intersection, stop by and pickup some parts on your way home !!! Or, I'd be glad to help if you run into some trouble in this part of the world.

Good luck, Bret.

talltorontoguy
04-05-2004, 09:50 AM
Hey Rigmaster...

Thanks for the offer of assistance.

Yes, I remember you have parts... and if I'm anywhere near I'll definitely look you up. Come to think of it, maybe I'll go down I75 and up I95 and pick up parts all along the way.

Only problem is I need place to install them! I guess I could bring a tent and jackstands and work there, kind of like the Rally series you see on Speed Channel.

Rod

tdgard
04-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Off 75 in Atlanta if needed.