PDA

View Full Version : windscreen washer not working

David Buhby
04-04-2004, 08:43 PM
Hey guys. Anyone able to assist with a windsreen washer that has stopped working?

I haven't had a good chance to look at it, and there is definately fluid in it, but it makes no 'motor' noise when pulling the lever.

Any comments, suggestions or experiences with this problem up to and including cost of replacing the washer motor would be appreciated.

Cheers

David Bushby
95 Motorsport 540i/6
Australian Edition
#19 of 70

molesz
04-05-2004, 01:30 AM
Check the fuse in the fusebox (but if everything else works fine I guess this is not an issue), after do check the wire plug that is attached to the washer motor (it is on a good place for picking up dirt) and clean it, also it would be nice to measure is there a 12V on it when you activate the washer ... if this does not help the new motor is a cheap investment and easy to change.
Good luck.

David Buhby
04-05-2004, 01:36 AM
Check the fuse in the fusebox (but if everything else works fine I guess this is not an issue), after do check the wire plug that is attached to the washer motor (it is on a good place for picking up dirt) and clean it, also it would be nice to measure is there a 12V on it when you activate the washer ... if this does not help the new motor is a cheap investment and easy to change.
Good luck.