PDA

View Full Version : brake light circuit?

will2002tii
08-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Thebrake light circuit light keeps coming on in my car and I have no idea what it means. Brake lights all work fine, Fuses all good. Haynes and Bentley manuals say nothing about it. What is it for? Have any of you guys seen it before?

craigmo
08-03-2006, 11:39 AM
I have the same issue. I was told by a very reputable shop that I frequent, that there is some type of sensor near the brake pedal that is the issue. Like you said, my lights work fine as well. That combined with the fact that I was told it can be a bit of work ( needing to pull out part of the lower dash area/floorboard ? ) I've yet to fix it. I hope that helps.

swenpro
08-03-2006, 11:41 AM
brake light switch needs replacing; do a search

billb
08-03-2006, 12:42 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/search.php?searchid=221821

Jehu
08-03-2006, 02:38 PM
Thebrake light circuit light keeps coming on in my car and I have no idea what it means. Brake lights all work fine, Fuses all good. Haynes and Bentley manuals say nothing about it. What is it for? Have any of you guys seen it before?

I had this happeing for a while , all brake lights worked fine. Then after a few days another warning appeared;"Lic Plate light" one of the Lic plate bulbs was out and it is on the brake light circuit. I replaced both bulbs, a very simple job, and that fixed the warning and it hasn't come back. Check your license plate lights.

LennyChanler
08-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Well, I had the Brake Light Out warning with the License Plate Light out warning. Replaced ALL lights and still have the warnings coming up. Now I have the Coolant Level warning light coming on even after replacing the coolant and thermostat. I was told i need to soder something on the circut board. I think I'll replace the entire board with one from a strip yard.

shogun
08-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Check control module to be resoldered.
Do a search for that, I once posted a procedure from a German board.