PDA

View Full Version : Brake pedal has strange friction/sounds when depressed..

cosmowagon
08-03-2006, 03:36 AM
When I press the brake pedal (with car running or not), there's a slight friction/rubbing being felt accompanied by a type of sound during up and down travels of the pedal. This was not present during my test drives but immediately after I picked it up after "dealer prep", so I wrote it off as a new part getting broken in since the master mechanic had driven the car before giving it to me and mentioned nothing about it. It's hard to tell but with car on the ground but it sounds like it's coming from just outside the firewall or possibly where the linkage comes through the firewall. There's no degradation in braking whatsoever but brakes are kinda important! Searchie, no helpie...

What'cha think?

joshua43214
08-03-2006, 05:50 AM
right hand drive? if so, follow the linkages from the brake pedal accross to the left side of the vehicle and look for dry pivots and the like. good chance a bit of lube in the right spot will fix you up.

cosmowagon
08-03-2006, 01:51 PM
right hand drive? if so, follow the linkages from the brake pedal accross to the left side of the vehicle and look for dry pivots and the like. good chance a bit of lube in the right spot will fix you up.

Left hand drive...do the same thing but from the opposite direction? :D