PDA

View Full Version : Drivers Side Rear Window Problems

Drooby
04-04-2004, 07:42 PM
After changing the coolant and transmission fluid , I decided to treat my car to a nice wash & wax , I was relieved to think that no maintanance was necessary for a while , then as I parked inthe driveway listening to my favorite song i tried to open the windows so I can hear it outside the car , the rear drivers side window wouldnt go down....!!
First time for me to have a problem with the car ,,
I can hear a "bump" noise when i push on the switch just like the one you hear when you try to close an already closed window , I figured the switch is working ..All the other windows are working too , and this one was always working ... until NOW
Anyone know what can suddenly go wrong and what i have todo to fix it
thanks

gale
04-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Try opening the door & slamming it closed with the ignition on and holding the switch down. Sometimes the channels get gummed up.

Drooby
04-04-2004, 11:07 PM
Try opening the door & slamming it closed with the ignition on and holding the switch down. Sometimes the channels get gummed up.

Gale ,
You are a lifesaver, this worked like a charm !!!
thanks a million ......... you saved me from ripping my door open tomorrow !
Do you think I should consider adding some silicon based product to the windows or is this just a one time thing ??

winfred
04-04-2004, 11:16 PM
that gets done to all of the window problems that comes through the shop, fixes 1/2-1/3 of them, and a few more are fixed by a more sprited atack once the door panel is off

kraulto
09-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Worked like a charm...thanks Man!

uscharalph
09-07-2005, 11:45 PM
Good old fashioned fix. I remember having to do stuff like that on my old 1984 733i.

winfred
09-08-2005, 07:00 AM
it's not beating the **** out of it, it's a percussive evaluaton

Good old fashioned fix. I remember having to do stuff like that on my old 1984 733i.

danzee
09-08-2005, 07:09 PM
. . . then eventually you have to go in and bond in back in.
The slamming gets old after a while (three yearss in my case - hot days only).
Z