PDA

View Full Version : vacuum line locations

blee
08-02-2006, 08:33 PM
I'm trying to diagnose a weird hissing/whirring sound coming from my engine. My shop thinks that it might be my idler pulley or compressor about to go south, but I'd like to start with the "easy" stuff and look into some of the vacuum hoses. Where are they on the M50 non-VANOS?

632 Regal
08-02-2006, 08:40 PM
fiill in your f_cking information as where on the planet you live and what model car? read the ****ing only sticky on this forum and then post!
edit: please dont read the bad words.

angrypancake
08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
i dont see any bad words.

DaveVoorhis
08-02-2006, 08:49 PM
As long as we're bashing the noobs...

Sheesh. Lift the lid, listen and look. Listen for where the noise is coming from. Look for vacuum lines. Why is it some folks expect other folks to do all the bloody work for them? Use logic and common sense, and if you don't have either one, sell your bimmer to someone who can tell a hose from a hole, buy a goddamn new Toyota, bend over, and let the dealership screw you on a weekly basis.

angrypancake
08-02-2006, 09:00 PM
to the OP: without bashing you. do you own a Bentley manual? if not, it is imperative that you spend the 35 or 40 dollars on it. and, you do need to fill out your profile. that is all.

blee
08-02-2006, 09:30 PM
You guys are ****ing great. I love you all, too. Profile info filled, not that the topic wasn't specified in the subject line and not that my engine was exactly specified in the body. Not that this isn't my third Bimmer, one of which included an '88 M3 whose engine I rebuilt my ****ing self. Not that I didn't search the forum first, like I learned to do 12 years ago when I discovered Usenet.

Oh well, the sticky also talks about thick skin and no flaming. My apologies for breaking the rules. Don't take my "****ings" personally. :D Nothing personal, and I hope my honest request for info that I couldn't find in my Bentley didn't offend the forum gods too much.

shogun
08-02-2006, 10:56 PM
bookmark this link
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do?PHPSESSID=2f576ced29477680ec938848d4d39e a1
helps a lot, you will find nice explosion view drawings here based on your VIN number.

ILoveMPower
08-03-2006, 12:52 AM
You guys are ****ing great. I love you all, too. Profile info filled, not that the topic wasn't specified in the subject line and not that my engine was exactly specified in the body. Not that this isn't my third Bimmer, one of which included an '88 M3 whose engine I rebuilt my ****ing self. Not that I didn't search the forum first, like I learned to do 12 years ago when I discovered Usenet.

Oh well, the sticky also talks about thick skin and no flaming. My apologies for breaking the rules. Don't take my "****ings" personally. :D Nothing personal, and I hope my honest request for info that I couldn't find in my Bentley didn't offend the forum gods too much.

You tell those rat bastards!

cosmowagon
08-03-2006, 03:56 AM
for the link. I'm new to the BMW world and have been bookmarking links since before picking up the car. To date, this one is one of the most useful.