PDA

View Full Version : WOT: My companion passed away early this morning...

CharlesAFerg
08-02-2006, 01:11 PM
R.I.P. My pup, P.J. 08/01/2006...

It happened overnight. Considering he is the youngest of the two (Solo) this came as a huge shock to all of us. He was extremely healthy, and we think it was from a fall that occured earlier in the previous day. He gave off no unusual signs...

Saved from being killed from greyhound racing, and then saved from an abusive foster home, he has lived a very good life since we brought him into our family. I found him this morning before everyone else. The hardest part is probably trying to tell everyone.
I'll miss him dearly. :-(

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h9/CharlesAFerg/MePJ.jpg

RIP P.J. aka Pajama Boy. He was 11 years old.
Racer, loyal companion, my pup, my best friend.
He'll always be "My" dog. :-)
Again, he will be strongly missed. It's one loss that won't be forgotten.

ber55ber55
08-02-2006, 01:16 PM
im very sorry......

=(

HDhandyman
08-02-2006, 01:21 PM
I am also very very sorry for your loss. There are no substitutes for people and animals that you love, but perhaps there is another astranged "grey hound" out there that needs your love.---I'm sure your dog would approve.

Again, I'm very sorry.:(

CharlesAFerg
08-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks a bunch guys, we still have our older one, "Solo". :-)

califblue
08-02-2006, 02:47 PM
I am sorry for your loss:(

bbig119
08-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Sorry to hear about it--- I know how you feel. My parents had to put our lab , 13 years old to sleep last Friday. Old age got to him; he had trouble breathing and everyone came to the conclusion that he was no longer able to live a comfortable happy life the way he was, so it was his time.

nizmainiac
08-02-2006, 03:29 PM
i'm sorry for your loss dude, i used to have a bouvier called spike, i didn't know what to do when he passed

Zeuk in Oz
08-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Our grief is the price we pay for all the love and happiness animals give us.

They live too short a life span so most people experience this many times.

The alternative is to have a Galapagos turtle as a pet and let it worry about us dying.

11 is a good innings for a dog of that size and much longer than most greyhounds get to live.

Very sorry for your loss.

ska-texas
08-02-2006, 06:54 PM
Very sorry for your loss. Somewere is another that needs an owner to love like you do.

Gayle
08-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Back in my practicing shrink days, I had some conversations with other therapists about the loss that people felt when their pets died. We agreed that people usually grieved more for their pets than relatives that died.

Our theory was that people usually have very mixed feelings about the people in thier lives--both love them and have had trouble with them. When it comes to relationships with pets, it is almost all positive. Hence the greater attachment and grief.

This is a kind of wordy, theoretical post but it is meant to say that I recognize the depth of your loss and am sorry. Love for a pet is deep love indeed and the loss is great.

mamilapon
08-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Just this morning while cuddling my dog(1.5 year old Maltese) I said to my wife that I didn't know what I'd do if our dog died. Mate, I'm very sorry for your loss.

borderchris
08-02-2006, 11:59 PM
MY deepest condolances, from a true dog lover. A canine is a true friend, always loyal and understanding, even sensing when your mood drops and wanting to be there for you. Replace that pooch soon (I know it's hard), and train that new friend up in his memory.

Remember - all dogs go to heaven.

Chris

Mendozart
08-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Sorry for your loss. Just remember there are alot more pets to save out there.

Mr._Graybeard
08-03-2006, 01:37 AM
Sorry for your loss. Just remember there are alot more pets to save out there.

What he said. Too may people out there treat pets like trash. May I suggest you honor your departed dog by giving that place in your home to another that would thrive from your love.

Look how happy he was!

Omega
08-03-2006, 02:39 AM
Charles,

As a fellow Greyhound rescuer and owner all I can offer is my heart felt sympathies over your sad loss.

There is nothing worse than the loss of a faithful canine companion. After my previous lurcher passed away, my wife and I adopted a rescued greyhound. The house was just so empty without a hound about!

A month after getting Jake, we adopted another greyhound called Luke. I am still unsure of how that happened!

They both got an extra special cuddle this morning after reading this post.

Stuart, Jake & Luke (http://www.tigerdog.co.uk)