PDA

View Full Version : UK folk Rare Aero rear spoiler up 4 grabs

billy
08-02-2006, 05:34 AM
Hi

thought you guys would be the best to see if you would like my aero spoiler before i stick it on ebay.

Its brand new, unpainted in the box complete with fitting guide and screws glue etc

I phoned BMW just to see if you can still buy them and they are on back order of about 6 weeks in Germany and cost about £200 + vat

for those who dont know what they are, its a wing type spoiler that hugs the boot lip and part of the aero package, part number 82.11.9.401.186

ive found a few pics of them on the net, appologies iof its a picture of your car, just showing it as an example:

Let me know if your interested, as I say rather it go to an enthusiast who knows how rare it is.

billy

Yiorgos
08-02-2006, 07:43 AM
Looks sweet as, I doubt it would arrive in Australia in one piece though :(

When you say screws, does it screw right into the bootlid? If you take it off will it leave holes?

billy
08-03-2006, 05:36 AM
Looks sweet as, I doubt it would arrive in Australia in one piece though :(

When you say screws, does it screw right into the bootlid? If you take it off will it leave holes?

The item is brand new in a box never been fitted or painted, looking at the instructions it seems to bolt on in 2 places and is also sillicon sealed.

billy

angrypancake
08-03-2006, 09:07 AM
That's Alan's car, isn't it?

Jon K
08-03-2006, 12:50 PM
That's Alan's car, isn't it?

It is, haha and some of those are my pics. Funny.

nizmainiac
08-03-2006, 04:55 PM
what do you want for it ?

billy
08-03-2006, 05:23 PM
make me an offer what you think its worth

Montreal525
08-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I use to have the same one. Looked really cool. No nuts, just silicone. A total bitch to take off. I took mine off because it was painted without flex agent in the paint and the paint cracked all over. Also, they do not like very cold weather, -20 celsius and under, mine cracked under the paint. So if you do get one, have it painted by someone who knows what they're doing...

Jeff

Alan_525i
08-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Thats my car btw. I'm sure my shop did it right as they only do cars right and my paint still cracked in one spot on mine. They look hot, but the supplier made a crappy part. But, if you don't drive yoru car much, you could be OK.

Sorry to crap on the posters thread, its just ive heard complaints about the part from 3 people besides myself now and feel it should be known.

Montreal525
08-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Thats my car btw. I'm sure my shop did it right as they only do cars right and my paint still cracked in one spot on mine. They look hot, but the supplier made a crappy part. But, if you don't drive yoru car much, you could be OK.

Sorry to crap on the posters thread, its just ive heard complaints about the part from 3 people besides myself now and feel it should be known.

I know what you mean about the crappy part... It was really too bad I had to take it off because I really liked the low profile look it had. I wished they'd made that spoiler in a solid material instead of rubber... I guess any paint job on rubber will eventually crap out...

Jeff