PDA

View Full Version : WTB: e34- clear corners, clear s-markers, euro tail. and stock shift knob

ber55ber55
08-01-2006, 03:15 PM
I have a black on black e34 that im gettin ready to sell. But i kinda wanna do some lights on it. Also my shift knob is broken, (the guy b4 me broke it) and i would like to find another stock knob, with no lighting prefered. Also the stickers on my lug nut covers are real sick looking. Im either looking for new 17 or 18 " rims, new covers with good stickers, or new stickers. Any one will do. PM or e-mail me please. thanks

Alex

SC David
08-01-2006, 07:40 PM
Why bother if you're going to be selling? Or is this to attract buyers?

ber55ber55
08-01-2006, 11:06 PM
im not sure if i asked for your opinion.........

Evan
08-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Why are you upgrading if you plan on selling?

HDhandyman
08-01-2006, 11:11 PM
I think that David just asked a couple of questions out of curiosity. The same questions that everyone else was thinking, but just didn't care to pose to someone too stupid to use the archives or google for a f**king part.

What a dick!

ber55ber55
08-01-2006, 11:18 PM
......hmmm..........i dont know if i posted this.....for questions.....or if i want to buy it........

maybe i will keep the car.....
maybe i have some money i feel like spending...
maybe it will make the car more attractive to buyer...

my question is.....

WTF DOES IT MATTER TO YOU THREE???

i didnt pm you or ask you 3 personally for your damn opinions....

...oh yeah...and one of my lights is cracked and another is half a** in there.....so...why not get some clears....since i was gonna do it when i first bought the car....

...and too stupid to google or look in the archives....hmm well....i didnt know stupidity was related to lazyness....but according to you mr handy man and your sweet a** signature (hahah) i guess it does...

Michael999
08-02-2006, 12:11 AM
dont be so angry :(

SC David
08-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Whoa, don't freak out dude. You're not under interrogation here.

WTF DOES IT MATTER TO YOU THREE???
Um, well lets see. I'm guessing you posted here for advice. Our advice to you seems to be that it's not worth buying these parts if you're just going to be selling the car. If you didn't want people to ask you these straightforward questions, you could have included the simple explanation for why you needed these replacement parts in the first place.

why not get some clears....since i was gonna do it when i first bought the car....
Probably because it doesn't make sense to since the money spent will be lost with the sale.

All items you want to buy can easily be found on eBay if you're still interested. You're welcome, lazy ass.

hatched91
08-02-2006, 12:35 AM
i agree, ebay. ebay has everything, probably the aftermarket is the same price as stock because of the mass production of aftermarket lighting accessories.

liquidtiger720
08-02-2006, 12:48 AM
Fleabay is your friend.

saj3n
08-02-2006, 12:51 AM
......hmmm..........i dont know if i posted this.....for questions.....or if i want to buy it........

If that was the case, and you did not want any opinions, then POST IN CLASSIFIEDS

...and too stupid to google or look in the archives....hmm well....i didnt know stupidity was related to lazyness....but according to you mr handy man and your sweet a** signature (hahah) i guess it does...

I guess its also laziness that is the cause for someone not posting in the correct area of the forum as well then no? Or is that stupidity?

winfred
08-02-2006, 08:16 AM
certainly ****ing looks like you did

im not sure if i asked for your opinion.........

I have a black on black e34 that im gettin ready to sell. But i kinda wanna do some lights on it. Also my shift knob is broken, (the guy b4 me broke it) and i would like to find another stock knob, with no lighting prefered. Also the stickers on my lug nut covers are real sick looking. Im either looking for new 17 or 18 " rims, new covers with good stickers, or new stickers. Any one will do. PM or e-mail me please. thanks

Alex

mattyb
08-02-2006, 08:28 AM
damn right he did!!!!

mattyb
08-02-2006, 08:33 AM
why bother asking the questions if u dont want to hear the answers. you did this on your last thread you fkn wanker

Gayle
08-02-2006, 09:13 AM
I smell a crucifiction coming.

VentoGT
08-02-2006, 10:31 AM
The clears are expensive--think $300 to do your whole car--don't bother doing anything but Hella--a lot of the crap out there won't fit right or the lights are chintzy.

I would recommend looking for the regular-old factory lights on the bay or posting here and whatever other forums you frequent as you'll be able to pick those up for a lot cheaper. Abrahamsmotorsport.com is a great source for Factory parts if you plan to keep the car and do the clears.

FYI, this is an online forum so when you post a question you will get opinions/answers/ideas. I think that most of the original posters were trying to protect you in case you thought that putting $300 into clear corners would up the value of your car, because they most likely won't.

VentoGT
08-02-2006, 11:16 AM
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=567939

Someone at bf.com is selling their ambers for $70 negotiable.

ber55ber55
08-02-2006, 11:23 AM
hmmm...i agree i guess i did post in the wrong forum....thats my bad....

but again from the beginning....i wasnt really asking what anyone thought about what its gonna do to the value or why im doing it etc. I asked...if anyone had it...and if they want to sell them....

of course i know you can buy them for about $300 a whole set.....
i just thought someone took them off there car before they sold it...or put the stock lights back because they didnt liek the clears and i could get a better price then $300...

and yes...of course....the lights arint going to raise the price of the vehicle......in fact....it would probably lower the price since its aftermarket and the car wouldnt be stock anymore.....but if some KID wants to buy the car...he might like it more then a stock looking one because then he wouldnt have to buy them himself...and i could give the stock ones as an option to someone else buying it....it opens my buyer market in my opinion....

lights...body kits...rims....i aint even into that ish.....my m3 is totally stock.....except for charger and chip....i usually do performance...not kiddy ish like lights....but in this case....since i have an m20 and theres not much performance...might as well go for looks....

so this discussion i guess can end here.....since im assuming you guys dont have the lights...rims...or shift knob....

crusifiction...hahah...give me a break...this is a internet forum.....there aint no passion gonna happen over the internet

Evan
08-02-2006, 11:49 AM
now is a good time for you to change user names

HDhandyman
08-02-2006, 11:57 AM
It's not really that anyone wanted to kill you with their opinion or anything, they were just asking questions out of curiosity. This forum is an unusually tight knit group of blokes and dames, and so as a product of that, a lot of conversation is generated around technical conversations that might be the only thing you'd find on another forum. It has it's advantages, like drawing people in who don't know a lot about mechanical stuff, but who stick around because of the coversation and become more savvy over time, and it has it's disadvantages, like driving away some of the Senior members with a lot of expertise because they are bothered by all the conversation, or by people answering other new people's questions with the wrong answer.

I probably didn't help by instigating the responce I knew that I'd get from you, but David is one of the nicest people on this forum. Seeing you attack his honest question with such ferosity, and being your first responce to your own thread, made it seem like you were looking for a fight. One thing is for sure, if you come in here looking for a fight you'll get backed into a corner, pretty quickly.

No worries mate, you're not the first one to do it, and you certainly won't be the last. I myself have been in plenty of self inflicted muck, here, along with several others.

And, if you really want to know, I think that my friend Angry Pancake has a set of nice wheels that he'd be willing to part with, on the cheap. He was only talking about selling them last night so you might need to wait until he gets back on again tonight or shoot him a PM.

Cheers,

ber55ber55
08-02-2006, 12:59 PM
no i understand completly...i just felt like he was trying to make me look stupid...but i did give an a**hole response....i wasnt looking for a fight...just a response to my thread that pertained to the thread...im sorry for lashing out and gettin peeps emotions all stired up. i agree with what you say about the senior members not coming because of all the convo....this this thread for example.....is retarded now....

my dad....used to work for BMW in munich when we still lived there....and was head of the crash test department....this is way back though....and now...he still knows a ish load of info....but because these forums are filled with kids...mostly...in my opinion...these adults that have a wealth of info dont help us..

i got lots of advice about my idle and CEL problem the last couple weeks....but i asked my dad......yesterday....and he fixed it....in about 10 minutes....just repositioned the TPS...
If we could get people like that to stay in the forum, i think half our problems would be solved in half the time

So....moral of the story...you mess with one person in a forum....a whole gang of people gonna try and mess with you....im new to the forum...i dont know whos NICE and whos NOT...i could honestly care less.....i give whatever info i know on subjects...and i obsorb whatever i can learn...

the way i see it...this forum is sort of a class room....

anyway...i gotta get back to work with the glueing....chat with you guys later...

ber55ber55
08-02-2006, 01:01 PM
oh...and i have talked to angry pancake.....the problem is one is bent...and when you rebend metal it gets much weaker as most of you know. So unless they are dirt cheap, im gonna have to pass. they look way good though.....would love to have them....

Evan
08-02-2006, 01:25 PM
i have a set too.. with rubber

ber55ber55
08-02-2006, 01:27 PM
straight though?
how much rubber?
pics?
where do you live?
price?

Evan
08-02-2006, 01:36 PM
not sure if i wanted you to ask me all these questions... why are you asking me all those questions...

1995 525i
08-03-2006, 07:28 AM
not sure if i wanted you to ask me all these questions... why are you asking me all those questions...

Good one!