PDA

View Full Version : OT- I'm in touch with a 525iT manual

tim
08-01-2006, 08:58 AM
I live in a small town and most of us Bimmerheads who are locals know each other either directly or by each other's cars. So last night before heading out fishing, a guy at my dock who knows (and worships) my 540iT says he's getting ready to list his 1995 525it manual with 175k mi in Roundel next month. It's that Silver/Blue metallic color. It's got the double sunroof, Self leveling, and pretty much every other option that came on the premium package in '95. I can't describe the car as mint, but it's pretty damn good and it's the only 525iT manual that I personally have ever seen. I sez: "hold on a sec, I know some people that might be interested."

Car is in Westerly, RI. I have no financial interest, or connection to seller. That's why I didn't post this in the classifieds. If you're interested, I can get the guy's phone number, and you're on your own. I can check it out for you if you're out of town- but the guy is a BMWCCA member, and a decent guy from what I can see, so no prob's about going direct to him in my opinion.

Also, for somebody so inclined, my brother in law is selling is 1988 528e Automatic. It's black, and runs good. Unusually tight on suspension and steering. Has the usual issues with fuses and bulbs, but to the best of my knowledge, everything works to some degree. The upside is that he only wants a grand or so. He's the original owner.

-tim

pkhines
08-04-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm interested in your friends 525iT manual. I'm sending you a PM now.