PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel fittment

Jehu
07-30-2006, 10:25 PM
While i wait for word from the Dealership weather i can fit this on an e34, i figured I'd ask here. Anyone know weather it will fit.Also wonder if that leather might respond to some leather treatment , it looks kind of rough..
While I'd like a smaller wheel i guess I'm reluctant to ditch the airbag and this is an acceptable option to me if it will fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=120013462456&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

winfred
07-30-2006, 11:31 PM
it should bolt up to your 91 and up column, the older cars have a different size splined hole in the wheel, if it's from a e36 it should fit the later e34 ymmv

VentoGT
07-31-2006, 11:18 AM
USE CAUTION HERE--I have an 04/91 build M5 and my electronic hookups are different than this wheel. I have the same wheel for my car and now I will have to figure out a way to re-wire the connectors. The splines fit, but the electronic connectors are different--the one on the e36 wheel is longer than the one on my e34 steering column [it has more connections].

Do a search under 'steering wheel' and read the threads--I still have yet to come to a conclusive answer on this issue.