PDA

View Full Version : Still a little confused...

andrewrswilson
07-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Hi,
I'm Andrew and i just registered here. I just got a '95 525i a couple days ago and i want to do some performance mods... I read the article about the controversy on K&N filters but i was wondering if anyone has performance intake systems and are running better with them. I think jim conforti is the best chip to get. And what about exhaust...what will give me the most power?
Also i was looking at some wheels...the BK171 ....they kind of look like alpina wheels which is the look i am going for.
Your responses on helping me get my performance mods going will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Andrew Wilson

Espen
07-30-2006, 02:28 PM
I bought a EAT chip form MarkD on the forum here, best bang for the buck so far.
I also have a K&N type filter, didnt do much for power, but got a mor louder intake sound.. And it broke my MAF...

632 Regal
07-30-2006, 02:30 PM
K&N is asking for trouble, the stock exhaust is about the best you can get. The first basic mod should be one of Marks chips.

andrewrswilson
07-30-2006, 02:34 PM
so what do you think...jim conforti...or EAT i'm looking for biggest HP gains.

KenB
07-30-2006, 02:49 PM
I vote for EAT

GoldenOne
07-30-2006, 04:32 PM
my vote goes to EAT

Qube
07-30-2006, 05:39 PM
You want performance? EAT Chip. No other easier way.

You want nice sound at 4k+ revs? K&N 57i.

You want to retain good accel at bottom end? Don't bother with an aftermarket air intake. I'll rob your bottom end and give it top. Of course, getting the chip somewhat balances it out. Please note you MUST use a heatshield, and even then unless you do the highbeam delete, you'll suck a lot of hot air from the manifold. Trust me.

BillionPa
07-30-2006, 05:51 PM
im running an IGT air filter, drop in stock type, flows better than the K&N cones and doesnt have MAF issues.

go for the EAT chip

a good "performace mod" for your engine would be new high power ignition coils and iridium plugs, and a Dinan high flow throttle body, and when replacing those do the valve cover gaskets and intake manifold gaskets.

then change your motor oil to something with lots of Moly in it, like Redline 5W30.

Qube
07-30-2006, 07:43 PM
im running an IGT air filter, drop in stock type, flows better than the K&N cones and doesnt have MAF issues.

go for the EAT chip

a good "performace mod" for your engine would be new high power ignition coils and iridium plugs, and a Dinan high flow throttle body, and when replacing those do the valve cover gaskets and intake manifold gaskets.

then change your motor oil to something with lots of Moly in it, like Redline 5W30.

What are we looking to gain with the Dinan hi flow tb in such a setup?

BillionPa
07-31-2006, 12:11 AM
its like, 8HP!