PDA

View Full Version : New E34 Touring has arrived...

heelsroll
07-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Well, new to me.
1993 525i Touring. I'm the third owner, purchased from the son of the original owner who was in her 60s-70s when she bought it. 69k actual miles, Grandma had put 50k on her by 2005, when the son bought it and put 18k on in a year and a half running between Connecticut and Virginia. Once he fixed the air in his Mercedes wagon, he sold me this one.
BMW dealer PPI revealed only front brake job and valve cover gasket, parts for which should be here Monday. Otherwise, the paint needs lots of attention, a fog light is out, and that's about it. Full service records for life are on the way (I have the PO's Dean Martin CD as collateral).
Next up are a thorough detail, some tasteful wheels bigger than the stock 15s, brakes/gasket/PM/lube, and a trans chip. Just in case I ever win the lotto, I'll start reading up on twinscrew induction.
Anyway, here's one pic, and a link to more.
Thanks for all the collective wisdom here!
Joel

Joel's Cars (http://web.mac.com/heelsroll/iWeb/Site%202/BMW%20525it%20Wagon.html)

http://web.mac.com/heelsroll/iWeb/Site%202/BMW%20525it%20Wagon_files/PICT0059.jpg

RiggsyB
07-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Very nice indeed...

I'm picking up my 95 5 series touring after work tomorrow. Not quite as low mileage as yours, but it has a Full BMW service history, a still relatively low 115k miles on the clock, already has some 16" Turbine wheels on with new tyres (all off an E39)... Not got leather like yours though, and the paint could do with a decent buff too (Calpso Red)...

Already got plans for some motorsport style 17" rims, maybe lower it an inch, tint the windows, fit a decent CD/MP3 head unit... It's all good!

heelsroll
07-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Very nice indeed...

I'm picking up my 95 5 series touring after work tomorrow. Not quite as low mileage as yours, but it has a Full BMW service history, a still relatively low 115k miles on the clock, already has some 16" Turbine wheels on with new tyres (all off an E39)... Not got leather like yours though, and the paint could do with a decent buff too (Calpso Red)...

Already got plans for some motorsport style 17" rims, maybe lower it an inch, tint the windows, fit a decent CD/MP3 head unit... It's all good!

Sounds like a beauty! The low miles and good maintenance history you have are worth way more than leather or fresh paint. :-) Sounds like you have the plans well in hand.

Bring the pics when it gets here!

Joel

RiggsyB
07-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Don't worry mate, pics will be up as soon as i get it (tomorrow evening)...

Tom Bombadil
07-30-2006, 08:38 PM
Nice.
I picked up my one-owner 525iT with 84k this Feb.
Love the car to death, especially after adding the M5 wheels and 21mm rear sway.
:D

brosher
07-30-2006, 09:42 PM
Nice find. Looks to be in great shape and awesome milage!

RiggsyB
07-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Picked mine up today...

Shame the weather has been piss poor here, so i've not been able to take any photos yet!

Still, i'll post some up as soon as the weather's nice and i take some...

Oh, and she drives like a Beaut, shame i'm now worried whether or not i can afford the petrol!

heelsroll
07-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Oh man, I didn't notice that yours was a manual! Can't get one of those here unless you make one. Hmmm...
:-)
Look forward to seeing that in Calypso Red.
Best,
Joel

RiggsyB
07-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Yup

One good thing about living here in Blighty, there are still several people who prefer their Bimmers with a manual box!

Petrol does cost 3 times as much though cos we're still subsidising you Americans, but i'll not get into that now... ;-)

Elekta
07-31-2006, 09:37 PM
good for you.

welcome new tourer

McWatters
07-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Awsome a new e34 and a Second Joel! congrats man.

my name is also joel btw.

cheers

J.McWatters

Blitzkrieg Bob
08-01-2006, 02:22 AM
there has been a bunch of members whom have picked up a Touring over the last few months or so.

I have joined the club as well last month with my 94 calypsorot.

Great car...enjoy!