PDA

View Full Version : Sports Exhaust question

Rory525
07-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Hi Folks,

I think Im going to buy a sports back box ( muffler ) for my car... Ive found a supersprint one that I fancy. I want to hear that straight 6 sing !

What I want to know is changing the rear muffler on my M50 2.5 going to make quite a difference to the sound? Id like it to be a bit louder , just wondered if that back muffler alone was enough.

Has anybody here put on the supersprint back box alone ?

Can anybody in the UK recommend a cheap and quality type of exhaust and place to get it ? Or even in the USA if shipping to UK isnt too dear !

Thanks
Rory.

Espen
07-30-2006, 02:21 PM
I changed my rear muffler to a universal one, welded the pipes myself. The sound is louder and deeper, but not too loud, if you know what i mean.

winfred
07-30-2006, 09:20 PM
depending on the quality and construction of the muffler it can be anywhere from quiet or annoyingly loud

hatched91
07-30-2006, 11:21 PM
i have a catback b&b tri-flow exhaust. runs about $900. produces a low mellow tone, not ricey loud or throaty either. i'd like to run straight pipes from manifold all the way back to a borla muffler. i think it'll get a more throaty tone that way.

winfred
07-30-2006, 11:27 PM
without a resonator it may get raspy, maybe painfully so

i have a catback b&b tri-flow exhaust. runs about $900. produces a low mellow tone, not ricey loud or throaty either. i'd like to run straight pipes from manifold all the way back to a borla muffler. i think it'll get a more throaty tone that way.

Rory525
07-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Ive decided to go for a Supersprint cat back system, its had lots of good reviews on all the bmw forums I read. Dont think I saw anybody complain about it.

Most people say sounds nice without being too loud. Thats what Im hoping :)