PDA

View Full Version : Relays

cpbrinks
07-30-2006, 04:09 AM
I have a 1990 535i. My windows won't roll up or down a back door is locked/lock is stuck,and was changing fuses and the hazard lights will not go off. Which relay controls these functions? Can anyone poini me in right direction. I live in New Orlrans and mechanics are nowhere except dealership where wait is 1 month or more. Thank You cpbrinks Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. email to cpbrinks@gmail.com

shogun
07-30-2006, 04:38 AM
First of all you need a survival kit, that is a Bentley Repair Manual for the E34.
And this
http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main.htm

"hazard lights will not go off."
there is a relay for the hazard lights, but also the hazard light switch can be dirty=no contact and the crash alarm relay can be defective.
Doorlocks are controlled finally by the GM=general module.

But I suggest you first buy the Bentley Manual, search here on the board (see on top search function) and then come with specific questions.
If it becomes more difficult, forum members will help you definitely.
But first of all study the basics.

Paul in NZ
07-30-2006, 05:29 AM
Although you have identified your car and location in this post fill in your profile and or sig ,that way people can more specific with fixes,car specs vary from model to model and country to country.
There are already three different countries involved here!
some backgroundhistory on the car may also help...have you recentley aquired the car?
Has it been flooded?
Any other background how when these thigs occurred.
Windows and doors may be routine but the hazards can be different things.