PDA

View Full Version : Hello again, and this time - my car is done for sure M50

ArtemLepilov
07-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Hi everyone - sorry I hadnt been posting much lately but I have been swamped - working on the E28, etc etc (pic will be provided :-)..) Anyway - As ive been driving down the pike one of these days, my car decided to start badly leaking transmission fluid and burning it off the exhaust, i filled it up a bit, it got me to my destination (six flags) and home later on that night. All said and done, I am parting my car once again - this time for real and everything will be available. I will be looking for a nice replacement of it meantime, and will never again buy an automatic transmission.

Let me know what you guys want - I have it all!!! The car is 100% complete, interior is in decent shape, rear seats are in great shape, front panels are also good - they have minor blemishes on them, but othervise good. I will take and post some pics later when i get to my car today. Everything works (except the AC) I am looking to either get rid of it as a whole (easier on everyone - that way if you have found a part you need to replace and my car is gone - you dont have to go through all the trouble of replacing it). Lots of features too: heated seats, OBC, etc etc...

Also - what do you guys suggest for a replacement? I was looking for an E36 318IS lately for fuel economy to temporarily drve for a few years - how reliable are those?

Thank you all - Artem

Alexlind123
07-29-2006, 01:26 PM
What color is your interior?

ArtemLepilov
07-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Interior is beige beige originally, but door panels are beige/black

-Artem

CharlesAFerg
07-29-2006, 01:33 PM
oo pix plz
http://www.belizephonecard.com/freestuff/wallpaper/wpimages/animals/birds/vultures86.jpg
http://www.lym.dk/Grafik/vultures.jpg
http://www.cs.rose-hulman.edu/~laxer/images/Africa/Vultures%20on%20elephant%20carcass.jpg
http://www.liv.ac.uk/~sdb/Safari-2001/Images/457%20Vultures%20kill.jpg

ArtemLepilov
07-29-2006, 03:01 PM
to Charles: nice

:p

-Artem

ArtemLepilov
07-30-2006, 12:03 AM
bump?

-Artem

Airborne001
07-30-2006, 06:39 AM
Do you have the wood interior? Do you still have the remote locking fob?

Rigmaster
07-30-2006, 08:55 AM
So lemme get this straight- your car is leaking tranny fluid so you're gonna part it out???

Why does this not make any sense to me? Why not fix the leak? If the leak is terminal, Why not replace the tranny?? If you don't like the auto tranny, why not a 5 speed swap??? You're not driving a Daihatsu or a Kia.

Bret.

ArtemLepilov
07-30-2006, 12:39 PM
So lemme get this straight- your car is leaking tranny fluid so you're gonna part it out???

Why does this not make any sense to me? Why not fix the leak? If the leak is terminal, Why not replace the tranny?? If you don't like the auto tranny, why not a 5 speed swap??? You're not driving a Daihatsu or a Kia.

Bret.

Well, the leak was the ultimate blow, what is wrong with the car is the following: the car has rebuilt title (it was previously hit in the rear quarterpanel and the rear door on the driver's side), it needs new transmission (because this has been the millionth time something was wrong with it), drivers side window has fallen off the railing, driver's side door lock wont work (because I ad to remove the linkage - as a hackjob fix since the whole mechanism was making the locks stick (needed lubing up or something - i didnt have time to deal with it since it was my daily driver), also I think the rear shocks are giving up, the exhaust has a hole in it and is really loud, and that is only the mechanical stuff - visually it needs a new rear view mirror and has a bunch of dings and the list goes on. I bought it to learn to work on these cars and I did - I have been able to do anything with them lately and if i had the time and the garage I would have fixed it all 100% by now, but I dont and its easier to just part this out and get a newer car with no problems.

-Artem

Rigmaster
07-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Well, the leak was the ultimate blow, what is wrong with the car is the following: the car has rebuilt title (it was previously hit in the rear quarterpanel and the rear door on the driver's side), it needs new transmission (because this has been the millionth time something was wrong with it), drivers side window has fallen off the railing, driver's side door lock wont work (because I ad to remove the linkage - as a hackjob fix since the whole mechanism was making the locks stick (needed lubing up or something - i didnt have time to deal with it since it was my daily driver), also I think the rear shocks are giving up, the exhaust has a hole in it and is really loud, and that is only the mechanical stuff - visually it needs a new rear view mirror and has a bunch of dings and the list goes on. I bought it to learn to work on these cars and I did - I have been able to do anything with them lately and if i had the time and the garage I would have fixed it all 100% by now, but I dont and its easier to just part this out and get a newer car with no problems.

-Artem

Your logic is illogical IMHO.

If you don't have the time and work space to repair the relatively minor problems with the car, how is it that you plan to part the car out?? Where will you store the car?? Where will you work on it while parting it out?? How will you move it around once you immobilize it??

I understand your frustration with the tranny, but I honestly don't see your logic. If you want to get rid of the car, sell it complete AS-IS and be done with it. Trust me, I know a little about parting out cars. :)

Bret.

94530inh
07-30-2006, 01:01 PM
I've met artem before and have seen the car. Parting it seems like a good idea. The car has many costly problems and parting it seems like a good idea. Artem, care to trade seats with me, if they are in better shape for some extra cash?

ArtemLepilov
07-30-2006, 01:41 PM
I have listed the car for sale locally as a whole, so - baically whichever comes first (many part requests) or a cash offer, it gets the car.

-Artem

Mendozart
07-30-2006, 02:44 PM
I need the instrument cluster for my cousin's car.

ArtemLepilov
07-30-2006, 05:43 PM
I have a person who has ggot the dibs on it, but if he doesnt reply soon enough or doesnt want it - its yours :)

-Artem