PDA

View Full Version : Estimated Cost?

sirius_GTO
07-28-2006, 03:14 PM
So I have an A/C leak that needs repaired. Do you know how much it would cost roughly?

I also have another problem, when I am on the highway and driving with A/C on, it blows only on the drivers side. The passenger side vent blows but it isn't as cold. And when I come to a complete stop after the highway, the car dies. It would do that repeatedly until I rest the car for a while. I didn't know what was causing it at first. But I played around with the car and found out that it would die at a complete stop every time the AC was on! So I turned it off, and WA LAH!, the car didn't DIE!

Anybody know the reason this is happening?

Another question is, what are all of the things I should check out for when I am planning on doing a 2000 mile trip? Like timing belt, leaks, tires, blah blah?

I have the shimmy problem and it shakes pretty bad, but should I fix it before I go? Is it neccessary?

THANK YOU ALL!

Blitzkrieg Bob
07-28-2006, 08:57 PM
If it dies now, it could die during the trip at the worst time, leave you stuck in some hell hole.

Eric Clark
07-28-2006, 09:19 PM
No timing belt to worry about on an M50. A shimmy could be your rims or control arms. If I were you I'd at least like to know what is causing the shimmy. The most important thing to look at on a long trip is the tire pressure. Inflate it to your door jams reccomendations not the tires and add appropriate amount of PSI for aftermarket rims.

I also like to make sure I have enough coolant and carry an extra bottle of water and quart of oil. Some day it may save you from sitting on the side of the road or wose yet...your engine.