PDA

View Full Version : My super long custom Holset Turbo M50 build write up

Jon K
07-27-2006, 10:27 PM
The limit for JPGs here is 4, and that just will not do so I have the thread hosted on my site. Click the link.

http://www.blowneuroz.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=361

Jeff N.
07-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Pretty impressive Jon. I'm enjoying watching.

HDhandyman
07-27-2006, 11:46 PM
I poured over every ounce of it, an excellent write-up!--Mega squirt "unit assembly" was the coolest thing going for me. :D

I think it's really cool that you've had the balls to learn TIG welding on this project---I guess I'm just curious about why you risked it instead of taking it to a shop? Either way, all of your **** is calculated-- meticulous---"risk, risk, risk," and I that's certainly the reason that your car(s) is the envy of most.

xxJOnniOpticxx hacks another one!

hip hip hooray, hip hip...

craigmo
07-28-2006, 12:26 AM
Outstanding, can't wait for the next update.

BigKriss
07-28-2006, 01:53 AM
I love it!

genphreak
07-28-2006, 04:07 AM
The limit for JPGs here is 4, and that just will not do so I have the thread hosted on my site. Click the link.

http://www.blowneuroz.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=361Absolutely class work Jon. I can't say how glad I am that people like you are taking the time to share your experinces with us all.

What you are doing will inspire many others, not just nuttaz like me.

Class, class, class!

I have to get the time to install my 'squirt. When I do, I'll be sure to post the job properly. Cheers :)

Jon K
07-28-2006, 05:41 AM
Thanks guys

ILoveMPower
07-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Absolutely class work Jon. I can't say how glad I am that people like you are taking the time to share your experinces with us all.

What you are doing will inspire many others, not just nuttaz like me.

Class, class, class!

I have to get the time to install my 'squirt. When I do, I'll be sure to post the job properly. Cheers :)

What else is there to say? You're doing an amazing job.

Where are you located? I just ask because you mentioned Connecticut being close, and its where I happen to be. :)

Keep up the awesome work, and I'll check out the video when I get home from class.

puppypilgrim
07-28-2006, 12:19 PM
JonK, that is one fabulous job! Congratulations!

Jon K
07-28-2006, 12:19 PM
What else is there to say? You're doing an amazing job.

Where are you located? I just ask because you mentioned Connecticut being close, and its where I happen to be. :)

Keep up the awesome work, and I'll check out the video when I get home from class.

I am in Pennsylvania, ~30 mins outside of Philadelphia. CT wasn't "CLOSE" but it was justified driving 3 - 3.5 hrs for an M50 motor thanks to BJL4776 on this forum!

GoldenOne
07-28-2006, 01:57 PM
hmmm...seeing how i have a spare m50 engine now...something to consider for the future...I definitely will bookmark this for the time I have money to do a custom setup like yourself!

AWESOME WORK!!!!

bjl4776
07-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Yea, im pissed I sold im my M50 although i am glad that i sold it to him out of anybody else I could of. Im doing MS too, unfortunatley time, money, and space made it almost impossible to try and build that motor at this point in time.

Mendozart
07-28-2006, 11:08 PM
That's pretty impressive Jon. How bout you do mine after. Mine is the same year,engine, and even the same color. You'll have it down pat.

Jon K
07-28-2006, 11:12 PM
No prob - leave the car and about $7k :)

yaofeng
07-29-2006, 11:11 PM

http://www.blowneuroz.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=361

I am "the guy" who supplied the TDC picture. Is that the only credit i am getting? "the guy"?

Jon K
07-30-2006, 12:04 AM
I am "the guy" who supplied the TDC picture. Is that the only credit i am getting? "the guy"?

Yaofend - I wrote this write up to suit multiple forums, so people on bf.c, blowneuroz, etc etc where i put this will not know "Yaofeng" additionally the pic you supplied was of M50 vanos which was not exactly correct.

More importantly if I went thru and quoted/thanked each person individually, the thank you would be longer than the article. Thanks though.

yaofeng
07-30-2006, 06:41 AM
I am just busting your chops. Good luck with your project.

gtopaul
07-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Yipes, still in college? I hope you're an engineering student Jon because if you're not you should be. Impressive and coherent writeup. Good job!

Paul

Jon K
07-30-2006, 10:29 AM
Yeah, will be a senior this fall finally! No engineering studen here - MIS (management of information systems). Hmph.