PDA

View Full Version : ::.. Woohoo! My car got ripped off today!

Qube
07-27-2006, 04:59 PM
Okay, so I exaggerate a bit.

Went to get groceries. Park. Come back out and see a young boy, oh 11 or so, crouched over my front wheel. He got up quickly and fast walked away... looking back every so often. Perplexed, I put the groceries in the trunk and did my customary circle check before getting in the car. I couldn't figure out what he was trying to do... pop the tire perhaps?

Took me a while, then I noticed that some brake dust was scrubbed from the lip... from where he stole the silver valve stem cap. Aye. Sure, I've got spare in the glovebox, but what the heck would he steal a stem cap for? If it were me, I'd take the BMW roundel! Just don't understand :| Hope he doesn't grow up ripping off people's hood emblems and wheels.

saj3n
07-27-2006, 05:08 PM
LOL! Same thing happened to me a while back.... but took a while to find out that the little brat had the stem caps.. :(

And then last week, while waxing and such, realized that someone thought it would be nice to have a BMW Center Cap from my wheel... So I now have 3 BMW wheels and 1..... "other"

Qube
07-27-2006, 05:14 PM
LOL! Same thing happened to me a while back.... but took a while to find out that the little brat had the stem caps.. :(

And then last week, while waxing and such, realized that someone thought it would be nice to have a BMW Center Cap from my wheel... So I now have 3 BMW wheels and 1..... "other"

So what the heck are they doing with the caps anyway? Trading them for YuGiOh cards or something?

Macv
07-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Yes.

Jr ///M5
07-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Go out and buy some Roundel valve stem caps. The kids love those on their bicycles...

Yiorgos
07-27-2006, 05:29 PM
These kids are starting to get into the BMW part black market pretty early methinks!

rickm
07-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Nothing that an assbeating won't solve.

CharlesAFerg
07-27-2006, 06:53 PM
How old was this kid?

Alexlind123
07-27-2006, 06:57 PM
How old was this kid?

11 or so.

CharlesAFerg
07-27-2006, 06:59 PM
11 or so.

Wow, I'm retarded.
:(

You see gentlemen, this is what happens when you're waxing cars all ****ing day.

It's the teflon.
Serious.
-Charles

Mendozart
07-27-2006, 07:49 PM
They're putting them on their bicycle tire stems.

ThoreauHD
07-27-2006, 07:51 PM
There is a fad at the highschools when they do steal the roundels, and put them on their bookbags(also the mercedes emblem). Maybe the valve stem cap was just for the bookbag zipper. Collect the whole set you know.. it's cool n stuff.

NY535iManual
07-27-2006, 08:53 PM
I bet the roundel thefts are a conspiracy to supply re-sellers on eBay.

Nick.Hay
07-27-2006, 09:29 PM
When some punks took my 1-off, (made by a mate, by hand) milled titanium valvecaps, they courteously ran the keys over the bonnet, all down one side, and onto the bootlid!!

Most of it polished out... Tough Bavarian paint!!

Would have loved to find out who the culprit was... Here, have some broken knees!! :D

cmk
07-28-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm out by Burnhamthorpe and Erin Mills, i've had 4 sets of valve caps stolen since last fall. Irritating as hell, and stupid, after the second set i've been using cheap canadian tire ones, can't see much prestige in stealing them.

I'm just glad they haven't gone for any of the roundels yet.

... someone was also nice enough to put a nice key mark across the front of the hood.

DaCan23
07-28-2006, 01:58 PM
It has happened to me many many times..... they put em on their BMW bikes.... pisses me off.

Okay, so I exaggerate a bit.

Went to get groceries. Park. Come back out and see a young boy, oh 11 or so, crouched over my front wheel. He got up quickly and fast walked away... looking back every so often. Perplexed, I put the groceries in the trunk and did my customary circle check before getting in the car. I couldn't figure out what he was trying to do... pop the tire perhaps?

Took me a while, then I noticed that some brake dust was scrubbed from the lip... from where he stole the silver valve stem cap. Aye. Sure, I've got spare in the glovebox, but what the heck would he steal a stem cap for? If it were me, I'd take the BMW roundel! Just don't understand :| Hope he doesn't grow up ripping off people's hood emblems and wheels.

kick7ca
07-28-2006, 01:59 PM
They are for his bicycle.

saj3n
07-29-2006, 05:01 PM
lol