PDA

View Full Version : Slightly OT : Owner's Question

SnakeyesTx
07-27-2006, 01:35 AM
Every time I get in, or out from driving my car, I always have this little grin. Every time I go out somewhere, I wonder if it'll be okay out there in public! Sometimes I catch myself staring at it from my window as I pass by. Once in a blue moon, I get inside and drive, and feel like I'm driving a stolen car. I've had my 525 for a little over two weeks now and just have to ask...

...are these sensations ever gonna go away? If so... how long did it take you? :D

Nick.Hay
07-27-2006, 02:52 AM
AH HA HA HA!!!

You are under the E34 influence!!

Symptoms also include seeking out parking spaces that are a little larger, or more remote, just so someone doesn't open their doors or reverse into your car!! Ive even found tha I park on the 'high' side of a parking lot, so that if any 'shopping carts' (We call them shopping trolleys here in Aus) happen to get away, they don't roll down the carpark and into my E34!! I'l also squeeze right over in the space at the end of a row, or park righ up close to a wall (rendering the passenger door useless), just to provide a little extra 'comfort' or safety space!!

It may get better for you, or it may get worse...

There are a few twisted ****s on here that have perverse, almost sexual attractions to their E34s (and might I say its lovely over here on the darkside!!), but, isn't that all part of being an enthusiast??

You have nothing to worry about....

Yiorgos
07-27-2006, 03:04 AM
They will NEVER go away. Those grins of glee will turn into frowns if you ever sell your E34.

Go on a mountainous twisty road and you won't be able to wipe your grin from your face. Seeing curves with signs posting a suggested speed of 30km/hr and looking at your speedo with double that speed, and having no loss of control or even a squeal of the tyres :D

I'm grinning from ear to ear just thinking about it!

And yeah, I always look for a park next to a wall or a column when I'm at the shopping centre -- probability of getting your door smacked the hell out by some beaten up Datsun 120Y or a shitty Camry is effectively halved (impossible to get a car dinged on one side if it's facing a wall :D)

Paul in NZ
07-27-2006, 05:13 AM
i have had my car for about 4 years now and i still look back at it as i walk way ....sometime i even smile to myself.

HDhandyman
07-27-2006, 07:46 AM
"deja vu!" ---- I swear that there are at least 10 threads that start out just like this. Anyway, anyway, I haven't seen my baby in over 10 days.:( I'm on summer holiday and my wife wanted to bring the Town Car on our trip. So, now my best mate is home looking after my 5er. I sure hope that he's taking good care of her.

ILoveMPower
07-27-2006, 08:07 AM
No, that feeling won't go away :)