shogun
07-26-2006, 08:02 AM
http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml#

Ross
07-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Best article I've read in a long time. Thanks shogun

Jehu
07-26-2006, 01:25 PM
I have braking shudder.The rotors came with the car so i have no idea how how long they've been on the car but the pads were put on when i bought it a couple of months ago and as far as i can remember the shudder has been noticeable on high speed braking all along.I suppose the thing to do is swap rotors since these have probably developed the cementite problem.I don't race the car but do drive it aggressively on the highway when i can so i suppose a high performance street pad is in order .Are Brembo the recognized best over all rotors?I think I'll try X-drilled for this run so which brand pads can anyone recommend?I also read , i think on that Tire Rack shake diagnosis chart, that this shudder under braking only could also be Control Arm bushings.The car was in two BMW shops recently and neither suggested there was any need to address any front end components but could they not be cracked inside and therefore allow a lot of give yet appear intact from casual inspection? the front end is steady otherwise during all modes of driving as far as i can tell . Would failed Control Arm bushings also cause some instability at other than high speed braking?

Ross
07-26-2006, 01:41 PM
The thrust rods on these cars are shot by the mileage your profile indicates. If you feel it in the steering wheel then replace the thrust rods(upper arms)

Jehu
07-26-2006, 01:55 PM
The thrust rods on these cars are shot by the mileage your profile indicates. If you feel it in the steering wheel then replace the thrust rods(upper arms)

You mean http://replacement.autopartswarehouse.com/parts/autopartswarehouse/quote.jsp?year=1995&product=L2014-34606&application=000312611&part=Thrust%20Arm&dp=false these?

632 Regal
07-26-2006, 03:59 PM
try BMAparts.com but call them, the price will be better then the web site.

edit: also mention "dot info" and you will recieve another small discount!

tell them you want the lemforders with the 740 bushings (better)

a high speed shake could be rotors, I have the opparts rotors, like 25 bux each without a problem.

thrust arms typicaly show failure when you brake from 65-55 mph.

Wyn
07-26-2006, 04:10 PM
Don't get crossdrilled rotors, for the most part, they are a gimmick too make the car look fancier. Brembo's aren't "crossdrilled" they are actually cast with the holes already in them. I hear ATE's are pretty much the best for every day driving.