PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help

Unregistered
04-03-2004, 06:07 PM
I have got a 1991 520i with the M50 engine. When i start the car i have a ticking noise which seems to go off for a bit and then come back on and then go off again and i am not sure where it is coming from. It sounds like the injectors but it could also be the lifters. I have flushed the engine and changed the oil but it is still there. If the car revs above 2000 it goes off but when it is ticking over it just keeps coming and going. Can anyone please help as it is driving us mad.

Thankyou

Andie

632 Regal
04-03-2004, 06:27 PM
coulld be a couple things here, (easy and good to bad) if any of the plugs are loose it makes a sound like that along with an exhaust leak. If an injector is loose or the O ring is bad that could also cause it. Could be a valve out of adjustment, (dont know if there hydraulic) if they are could be leaky and needs a new one, the oil pump could also be weak, do a pressure check.

BennyM
04-03-2004, 08:21 PM
coulld be a couple things here, (easy and good to bad) if any of the plugs are loose it makes a sound like that along with an exhaust leak. If an injector is loose or the O ring is bad that could also cause it. Could be a valve out of adjustment, (dont know if there hydraulic) if they are could be leaky and needs a new one, the oil pump could also be weak, do a pressure check.

Tiger
04-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Can be the engine belts... I have personally heard serpentine belt ticking.