PDA

View Full Version : sweet m5 on german ebay

angrypancake
07-25-2006, 11:54 PM
the engine bay looks clean as hell. i actually really like the color. no wing though. not a fan of the absurd amount of tvs.....

hmmm, you make the call (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280011246776&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.de%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsea rch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D280011246776%26fv i%3D1)

Jehu
07-26-2006, 12:00 AM
Looks sporty. They should have been using Leatherique restore oil all these years and they'd have a better interior. I just did one treatment on mine and it looks better already. Not that it was bad before but i can see a few more really softeing it up.Even with the big 8 i still deep inside wish i could open my hood and see one of those looking back at me.

wingman
07-26-2006, 03:38 AM
Fake. I had to say that because it's on ebay lol!!! I can't stand that silver bit on the flanks. I don't like the body kit anyway (I think it came out of the factory looking just beautiful). It's a shame that the owner has spent all that money on the paint/tvs and didn't bother to get the door trims fixed...

Airborne001
07-26-2006, 03:42 AM
Did he make the sunscreen sceens, or are those mass produced?

Paul in NZ
07-26-2006, 04:01 AM
the screens on the sunvisors?Made himsllf I would think.

Eric Clark
07-26-2006, 04:53 AM
I agree, it looks like a lot of money was wasted just to ruin great car.

Cactuar
07-26-2006, 06:17 AM
It's original, but sadly money does not purchase taste. The colour is appalling, the silver with black lining is horrid and the car has officially more screens than my local cinema complex.

Most importantly however, a trustworthy M5 owner would not wear peach colour pants. Avoid.

Gayle
07-26-2006, 06:32 AM
the car has officially more screens than my local cinema complex.

Most importantly however, a trustworthy M5 owner would not wear peach colour pants. Avoid.

Agree with Jehu on the leather, Pancake on the cleanliness of the engine bay, and Cactuar on the too many screens.

Are those overalls peach? Need to adjust the colors on my monitor. I thought they were red. Either way--still bad and a sign of questionable judgment.

It does have my favorite wheels though. And Pancake--that is your kind of burn the retinas color.

1995 525i
07-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Agree with Jehu on the leather, Pancake on the cleanliness of the engine bay, and Cactuar on the too many screens.

Are those overalls peach? Need to adjust the colors on my monitor. I thought they were red. Either way--still bad and a sign of questionable judgment.

It does have my favorite wheels though. And Pancake--that is your kind of burn the retinas color.

The wheels are the best part of the car. Why would you need three screens for the back seat plus one for each sun visor? Think about if he had spent all that money on a black paint job, alpina interior and engine modifications? What a waste.

Michael

Cactuar
07-26-2006, 07:14 AM
Hmm they could be red. It sort of looks washed out anyway, whatever colour it is.

Elekta
07-26-2006, 09:52 AM
it's funny how the euro's dig the sidemarker rub strips and US digs the blank rub strips.

a chacun sont gout

Cactuar
07-26-2006, 10:08 AM
*OT*

that's a lovely CS (or CSL)!! If I had money and talent to rebuild an old car it would be this one. Truly a dream car, especially in M colors! Congrats mate, I am officially jealous :)

Elekta
07-26-2006, 10:24 AM
*OT*

that's a lovely CS (or CSL)!! If I had money and talent to rebuild an old car it would be this one. Truly a dream car, especially in M colors! Congrats mate, I am officially jealous :)
It's actually a Franken C. A 2800cs that's been chopped, gutted, fender rolled, swayed, fuel injected, hi fuel pressured, 635 motored, redashed, digital guaged freakin Franken C'd: scary fast and scarier sticky with the coldest ac, just in case your nipples weren't hard enough when you approach that 85' degree sweeper at 90mph and just held the turn by the speedo and nothing else driving with your pinky. It's my neighbors car and he's on his second round of front an rear windscreens, and he still thinks it needs stiffening. The dash is mosty removed because it kept popping apart in twisty's and the center console is custom billet along with most of this car.

I'm trying to get him to Franken out a 2000C shell I saw over at Sayther's yard. That would be sick with a sharkier nose to boot.
http://www.motorbase.com/uploads/2006/04/08/fs_std_bmw_2000_cs_1965_front2.jpg
Imagine this face with all the goodies behind it...maybe an s52 under the hoody...he wants to incorp today's 6 or 7 series headlight package into the nose too...now that's playing loose with real life photoshop