PDA

View Full Version : Foggy Instrument Cluster

saj3n
07-25-2006, 04:55 PM
My instrument cluster has been like this since the car was purchased. Not sure how/why it would get like this, but wondering if any one out there has had a similar problem or knows of a fix.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/saj3n/noname.jpg

Macv
07-25-2006, 05:01 PM
Are all of your vents working? Maybe the far left vent has been blowing behind it somehow. Sounds like a dumb guess. Bet it sucks driving at night huh?

saj3n
07-25-2006, 05:03 PM
Are all of your vents working? Maybe the far left vent has been blowing behind it somehow. Sounds like a dumb guess. Bet it sucks driving at night huh?

Yea, actually, its not too noticeable at night. This picture makes it look worse than it is, but it is there nontheless. It's always there too. I could understand that if I turned on AC or Heat, it would come/go, but that fog is just stubborn!

Macv
07-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Have you tried taking it out and cleaning it, then close it up again and replace it?

saj3n
07-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Have you tried taking it out and cleaning it, then close it up again and replace it?

Nope... Sure haven't. Last time the steering wheel was removed, "clock spring" went bad, causing horn to go out (done at shop). They ended up charging me somwhere around $120 to replace spring and such. I do have one bulb starting to go out, maybe i'll give it a shot, and attempt to clean.

From my past experience though, isn't the clear part glued to the rest of the cluster? Do they actually seperate?

Alexlind123
07-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Just take it apart and clean it.

Macv
07-25-2006, 05:19 PM
Yes you can seperate them.

Ross
07-25-2006, 05:25 PM
If the plastic lens is F'ed up try some of the stuff for cleaning plastic convertible windows. I screwed up some clear plastic with too strong a cleaner and the Meguires stuff saved me.