PDA

View Full Version : question regarding rear fog lights

Kamil
04-03-2004, 03:43 PM
Hello,
Yes, I searched and could not get an answer.
bmwe34.net shows how to wire the rear fog lights, if the car is not prewired for them.... my q is, how do I know if my car is prewired for rear fog lights?

- It's a '91 535i 5-speed
- I have the euro rear fog light switch
- the bulb sockets are no problem

So.... am I plug-and-play here?
Also, if and when I wire them up, would I use both sides or just the driver's side rear fog light?

Thanks in advance,
-Kamil

Kamil
04-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Bump for the weekday crowd... no one knows the answer?

Scott H
04-06-2004, 10:06 AM
If so, then you are not prewired. If you have an LKM that uses all channels, then you may be prewired. If you have open slots on the LKM wiring plug, then you are not prewired.

Kamil
04-06-2004, 10:30 AM
If so, then you are not prewired. If you have an LKM that uses all channels, then you may be prewired. If you have open slots on the LKM wiring plug, then you are not prewired.

Pardon my ignorance in the BMW lingo... but, what is LKM? (I porbably know, just don't remember)

Yes, the car is a U.S. market car.

-K

Black 535i
04-06-2004, 10:35 AM
Pardon my ignorance in the BMW lingo... but, what is LKM? (I porbably know, just don't remember)

Yes, the car is a U.S. market car.

-K

Scott H
04-06-2004, 10:35 AM
LKM is the light control module under the hood in the fusebox. Yank it out (while the ignition is off) and you'll see a bunch of pin-outs. A few will be missing.....those are for the rear fog wiring.

You should follow the instructions on bmwe34.net with the exception of soldering the cluster indicator lamp wire straight to your circuit board. Instead, to get the indicator to light up on your dash, wire the switch up to pin 15 on connection B of your instrument cluster. Your cluster may be different than my early one, but I can help you find the right pin.

Kamil
04-06-2004, 10:49 AM
Thank you very much for your help.
Since it is probably not pre-wired, and I've been super lazy lately (and just have no time), I'll not be doing to rear fog light install.

Is anyone interested in buying the switch from me? :)