PDA

View Full Version : Rear Door

JMI
07-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Does the rear door panel (right) need to be removed in order to replace the Door Handle Inner Right (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD23&mospid=47408&btnr=41_0740&hg=41&fg=45).

TIA

Jim

GJPinAU
07-25-2006, 12:33 AM
Does the rear door panel (right) need to be removed in order to replace the Door Handle Inner Right (http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD23&mospid=47408&btnr=41_0740&hg=41&fg=45).

TIA

Jim

It will probably make the job easier.
I've taken my rear door apart a couple of times, not a hard job.

cheers,
Greg

Eric Clark
07-25-2006, 05:09 AM
Yes. I have mine sitting in front of me. The armrest needs to come off and the only way to do this is from the inside of the door panel. Removing the panel takes about 5 min.

JMI
07-25-2006, 10:24 AM
Probably having some spare "clips" is a good idea. Anything I should be careful about? Don't want to tear/rip/bend anything!

Thanks

Jim

Eric Clark
07-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Remove the 3 screws and pull on the panel around the edge to pull the clips out of the door. Then pull strait up on the door panel to remove it from the center clip. Unhook the door cable and the power window switch. I have never broken a clip when removing door panels. Once it is off remove the 2 screws from the metal center clip on the back of the door panel. Pry the armest off since it is held on by clue. Then just turn the armrest to get it and the black trim piece free that you are trying to remove. The rear doors are easier then the front doors

JMI
07-25-2006, 03:16 PM
...Pry the armest off since it is held on by clue. Then just turn the armrest to get it and the black trim piece free that you are trying to remove...

Thanks for the help, Eric.
Just a couple more questions. I assume you meant "glue" above? If so, this needs to be reglued? What is the best type of glue/adhesive for the task?

TIA

Jim

Eric Clark
07-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the help, Eric.
Just a couple more questions. I assume you meant "glue" above? If so, this needs to be reglued? What is the best type of glue/adhesive for the task?

TIA

Jim

yep typo. gorilla glue works well