PDA

View Full Version : BC Remote Display

BlackOnBlack
07-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Just wondering what everyone has displayed when they depress the BC remote display by pressing the directional stalk.
I cycle through:

-Time of Day
-Avg2 (fill-up to fill-up; avg1 is oil change to oil change)
-Range
-Temperature

Very handy feature. Only bummer is having to reach over to push the CODE button to turn it off. Too bad it doesn't go off with the last push.

shogun
07-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Here's how to program instr cluster LCD screen

Programming the instrument cluster's LCD to display OBC functions when using the turn signal stalk:
1. turn on ignition (position 2)
2. press the turn signal lever toward the steering column and hold for 3 seconds until PROG 1 appears in the display
3. Press the desired OBC function(s) you want to appear on the LCD display (example, I only have time, temp, and range programmed into my LCD display) The order in which function you pick will be the order they appear when you use the "remote" method.
4. press the S/R button on the OBC to set your "program"

To cancel the programmed info on the LCD display...press the turn signal lever in for 3 seconds until the PROG 1 appears in display...then press the S/R button on the OBC.

Pressing the stalk on the instrument cluster (little Check Control stalk on the right side) extinguishes what's displayed in the LCD display...or you can press the CODE button on the OBC to extinguish the LCD display.

Paul in NZ
07-25-2006, 02:11 AM
you can have what ever you want.....why turn it off?just cycle through to what you want.i ussually program it on road trips to include range distance and arrival,but also time,and consumption and temp.

Yiorgos
07-25-2006, 02:25 AM
You're all lucky to have BC on your indicator stalks. I'm missing that on my 525i :(

pyro
07-31-2006, 12:35 AM
where is all that about programing it? iv never herd of that before

shogun
07-31-2006, 12:59 AM
Owners manual.
And see my info above.

Espen
07-31-2006, 03:50 AM
Is it possible to program the Tests into the remote display?
It would be interesting to have instant fuel consumption, voltage or vehicle speed there.

Ausmpower
07-31-2006, 05:37 AM
NO..... Not possible.

The most instant you'll get are time, range and outside temp.

You can see your instant mpg using the mpg gauge!! LOL!

Espen
07-31-2006, 05:59 AM
yeah i thought so....
the mpg gauge is actual pretty accurate, but it very often disapears above the 3.0 mark.. :)

Ausmpower
07-31-2006, 06:38 AM
you mean 30 mark.........

Espen
07-31-2006, 07:00 AM
yeah 30.. But I read it as 3.0
In my country we measure in liter pr 10km, not pr 100km so i call it the 3.0 mark (3liter /10km)

10km is called a Mile in norway, so we say "liter per mile"

shogun
07-31-2006, 09:09 AM
Um dieses einzustellen:

Fahrtrichtungsanzeigehebel 3 Sekunden drücken, Anzeige Prog 1 erscheint.

Gewünschte Informationstasten drücken (soll z. B. nur der Durchschnittsverbrauch 2 - nicht Verbrauch 1 - angezeigt werden, nach der Taste VERBR die Einheiten-Umschalttaste (km/°C) drücken. Bei weiterem Drücken der Umschalttaste wechseln Verbrauch 1 und 2 beliebig oft. Mit Datum und Einschaltzeit 2 ähnlich verfahren)

Taste S/R drücken

Durch Unterbrechung der Stromversorgung werden alle Daten gelöscht.

Espen
07-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Um dieses einzustellen:

Fahrtrichtungsanzeigehebel 3 Sekunden drücken, Anzeige Prog 1 erscheint.

Gewünschte Informationstasten drücken (soll z. B. nur der Durchschnittsverbrauch 2 - nicht Verbrauch 1 - angezeigt werden, nach der Taste VERBR die Einheiten-Umschalttaste (km/°C) drücken. Bei weiterem Drücken der Umschalttaste wechseln Verbrauch 1 und 2 beliebig oft. Mit Datum und Einschaltzeit 2 ähnlich verfahren)

Taste S/R drücken

Durch Unterbrechung der Stromversorgung werden alle Daten gelöscht.

Ill try to translate it, but it seems like this is exactly the same procedure as you first posted on page 1 in this thread.

Press BC button on the turnsignalstick for 3 seconds.
"prog 1" will come up in display.
Press the wanted informationbutton on the bc (example: If you want AVG 2 not AVG1, then you`ll have to push the km/°C button after you have pushed the the AVG button) Another push on the km/°C button will change back to AVG1. For Date and time of arrival the same procedure. (not sure if i translated that last sentence right)

Push S/R

Notice, if a loss of power occurs, all data will be lost

This doesnt not cover the subject wherever the "hidden" functions can be displayed in the instrument textfield

Espen
08-08-2006, 12:48 PM
Shogun, the text you pasted in German, was that supposed to tell me how to get the OBC testinfo into the Instrument LCD?

The only thing i got out of it was how i can show avg2 on the Intrument lcd.