PDA

View Full Version : hmm

Jehu
07-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Found my first suprise irregularity in the car today while applying Rejuvinator oil.I was extending the passenger seat back and one side, the inside appears to be frozen, the seat twisted so the back was bending toward the driver as the outer side reclined and the inner remained immobile. I tried bringing it all the way forward and it stayed stuck. I'll search the archives but if you know about this issue and know of a fix feel free.

632 Regal
07-24-2006, 01:32 PM
search for seat twist, its covered a few times a month.

zman-95-540i
07-24-2006, 01:38 PM
I found this:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/i/miales/seatcablesfix.htm

Hopefully it will help out.

Jehu
07-24-2006, 01:58 PM
I found this:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/i/miales/seatcablesfix.htm

Hopefully it will help out.

Thanks very much... an Autum afternoon job no doubt..

zman-95-540i
07-24-2006, 02:11 PM
Do a search to see what others are saying. I think I've seen some recommend to take the seat out and some say it can be done with the seat in the car. I will be doing this in a few weeks. I'll post the difficulty I experienced when complete. Good luck!

bbig119
07-24-2006, 07:30 PM
Did mine two weeks ago. I opted to keep the seat in the car and lean/prop it up on the back seat which allowed me to keep the wires connected and test the seat to see if it was fixed or not.

Read this thread here:

One point to pay extra attention to is that we apparently have an airbag sensor under the passenger seat which may affect how you decide to tackle the job. My problem was the driver side so I didn't have to worry about it, so I'm curious to hear what you do in the end.

HTH

Jehu
07-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Thats a good point because as i learned from Ausmpower i do have a passenger side airbag, i hadn't noticed before. I may not do it right away as its pretty hot here this time of the eyar and i don't often have passengers in for long rides so i may wait till its cool in the Fall.

Ausmpower
07-25-2006, 03:55 AM
Did mine two weeks ago. I opted to keep the seat in the car and lean/prop it up on the back seat which allowed me to keep the wires connected and test the seat to see if it was fixed or not.

Read this thread here:

One point to pay extra attention to is that we apparently have an airbag sensor under the passenger seat which may affect how you decide to tackle the job. My problem was the driver side so I didn't have to worry about it, so I'm curious to hear what you do in the end.

HTH

It's actually a pressure pad inside the seat base to tell the system whether the passanger seat is occupied, later models had this deleted due to too many sensor failures/faults.

Sometimes disconnection brings the dreaded airbag light up on the dash (needs to be reset with a scanner).

Paul in NZ
07-25-2006, 04:24 AM
It's actually a pressure pad inside the seat base to tell the system whether the passanger seat is occupied, later models had this deleted due to too many sensor failures/faults.

Sometimes disconnection brings the dreaded airbag light up on the dash (needs to be reset with a scanner).

Disconnecting the battery will prevent this?

bbig119
07-25-2006, 04:37 AM
Disconnecting the battery will prevent this?

This is true, but it'll make it a little trickier to do the fix inside the car, and he'll have to think twice about how/when to test the seat to see if its fixed or not.