PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't have done it without you guys.

cableface
07-23-2006, 11:33 PM
So, I finally completed the first portion of my front suspension rebuild. DAMN, it drives like a completely different car! Everything is so tight and precise. It was completely loose and sloppy before, like the front end was going to come unglued at any point. What has been done so far:

1. Front Struts (KYB Gas)
2. Thrust Arms (Lemforder)
3. Upper Control Arms (Lem)
4. Sway Bar links (Lem)
5. Guibo Disk

Here's an interesting bit of info. I installed the LEMFORDER sway bar links, and within 1 week, the boot had popped off the bottom ball joint and the joint was majorly messed up. BMA shipped out another immediately, but I thought that some of you may like to know. I guess no one is perfect!!

What's left? Well, for the immediate future...

1. Rear Struts (should have them installed this week)
2. Transmission Rear Mounts
3. Trans. Rear Seal

I GREATLY appreciate everyone's help here. I knew nothing about my 525 before I visited this site. I was a little afraid when I found the list of repairs that needed to be done, but you all eased my pain. :) I'll keep posting my progress. Eventually, I'll give it some cosmetic attention that it defintely deserves. Thanks again guys!!

pundit
07-24-2006, 02:05 AM
Couldn't have done it without you guys...I GREATLY appreciate everyone's help here. I knew nothing about my 525 before I visited this site. I was a little afraid when I found the list of repairs that needed to be done, but you all eased my pain. I'll keep posting my progress. Eventually, I'll give it some cosmetic attention that it defintely deserves. Thanks again guys!!
Not a problem.
Just leave copious amounts money and alcohol on the table before you leave and close the door behind you! :D

BillionPa
07-25-2006, 04:17 AM
... do the swaybars!

cableface
07-25-2006, 06:29 AM
... do the swaybars!
I plan to do the sway bars as well, but I HAVE to get the rear struts put on first, along with the transmission mounts. Priority is priority. I'm trying to not drop all my savings at once. ;)

MBXB
07-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Post back on the KYBs; how they feel after breaking in.

cableface
07-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Post back on the KYBs; how they feel after breaking in.
Will do. I should have the rears on by this weekend. Then I'll drive the hell out of it so I can break them in :)

Evan
08-04-2006, 10:39 AM
Have you done any more work on your car? I'm curious about the KYB struts and shocks.

Are you planning on doing the springs?

mamilapon
08-05-2006, 01:37 AM
Did you torque the control arm and thrust arm bolts with the car loaded?