PDA

View Full Version : Owners located in or near San Diego, CA.

aston_jag_tech
07-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Hey Locals, nice wheather we are having yes yes? :p

Anyway...would anyone be interested in hanging out monthly or bi-weekly to you know, "shoot the ****" about our Bimmers? It would be pretty cool I guess. It would be exactly like a forumn but instant direct talk, we can check out each others cars and not just profile bio's and pics. Plus met new enthusiasts. I myself am a technician and I never want to work for a car manfac that is the same as the one I drive, it would suck the essence out of the car, hands down.

So, anyone willing to make a met soon I will be checking in. Thanks for the interest also.

Take care.

-Scott

Gayle
07-23-2006, 10:23 PM
I'm in. I'm No. County coastal. I think there are only 2 other people on this board in San Diego. One is my indy who rarely posts and the other is in So. Bay. I can't remember his name at the moment but it will come to me. I think he is more into the local bmw car club.

liquidtiger720
07-23-2006, 10:43 PM
What do you guys think of a california/ west coast e34 meet?

I wonder what kind of turn out we could get.

Gayle
07-23-2006, 11:06 PM
What do you guys think of a california/ west coast e34 meet?

I wonder what kind of turn out we could get.

Sounds good to me. I would expect a turnout only slightly better than those of us from this board at bimmerfest. The e34 meet in Chicago started small though. I wonder how many people attended the first sharkfest?

Based on the NorCal events, would you expect more?

I think we should try to organize more of a e34 subevent at bimmerfest. It is so centrally located. Try to pull in e34 owners who don't post here.

aston_jag_tech
07-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Have you guys gone to any meets before?

liquidtiger720
07-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Will the sharkfest guys let us do the parade lap with them??

I think a cali/westcoast e34 thing has potential.

This was from a 5series meet I attened 2 years ago here in norcal.

The whole (well most at least) right side of the picture were the e34's that showed up. (about 10).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/liquidtiger720/DSC01436.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/liquidtiger720/CAM_0906.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/liquidtiger720/5ermeet060.jpg (davids picture)

liquidtiger720
07-23-2006, 11:25 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/liquidtiger720/5ermeet001.jpg

yummm, all stock......

haha, sorry for hijacking the thread!

aston_jag_tech
07-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Cool, what happens at the meets? Obviously talk about the cars, any like dinner, social events??

it would be sweet to crash a party, ha.:D

-Scott

liquidtiger720
07-23-2006, 11:33 PM
We had got a tour of the wine company and then headed out for lunch...then a wicked drive. :)

Last year didnt have as great a turnout...and we didnt have one this year..hmm.

aston_jag_tech
07-23-2006, 11:49 PM
We had got a tour of the wine company and then headed out for lunch...then a wicked drive. :)

Last year didnt have as great a turnout...and we didnt have one this year..hmm.

Really... Well seems like it needs a lil jump start. Do you know the next BMWCCA Met? Gayle mentioned it.

-Scott

liquidtiger720
07-23-2006, 11:51 PM
For my chapter?

or, san diego chapter?

aston_jag_tech
07-23-2006, 11:55 PM
For my chapter?

or, san diego chapter?

I think San Diego, You are in San Fran right? Thats pretty sweet you guys had the chance to wine and dine, then drive. Where would you drive to?

I have to go to bed its pretty late. Ill catch up tomarrow.

-Scott

Mendozart
07-24-2006, 12:34 AM
I would be interested, even if it was in San Diego. I'm down there quite often. I'm sure my brother, ucsharalph, would be interested also.

liquidtiger720
07-24-2006, 12:42 AM
a seperate e34 subevent @ bimmerfest seems to be the easiest way- and most central.

casurfer911
07-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Im in north county sd for the summer, lets get something together. That will give me a reason to clean up my car.

fkong777
07-24-2006, 03:27 AM
i'll go if it isnt too far from LA area.

Gayle
07-24-2006, 07:39 AM
What would you think of a So Cal mini meet, maybe September or early October--after the tourists leave, when the humidity drops, and before fire season starts? (I am planning to go to Sharkfest September 23 so I would not want to do it that weekend though).

Let's do somewhere in southern LA/orange co. Scott and I could come up from San Diego. I think that has the best chance of getting the biggest attendence.

We can do a full CA meet at bimmerfest.

saj3n
07-24-2006, 03:41 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v457/liquidtiger720/5ermeet001.jpg

yummm, all stock......

haha, sorry for hijacking the thread!

Now i'm curious, the black car next to you, what front spoiler is that?! I LIKE ALOT!

aston_jag_tech
07-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Some time after Sept is great for me. I am busy up to October. Gayle made a great point that we are pretty much the only two that are further south than anyone. L.A. would be a perfect spot for everyone or if anyone thinks otherwise we will defiently smooth it out for everyone to come to the meet.
Liquidtiger720 mentioned a sub event at Bimmerfest, That sounds very interesting and possible. When will the next Bimmerfest be? If we could set something up soon by the end of the weekend, very good chance that the meet will happen.

Im all for a time after September and in the area of L.A.:D

So far, Gayle, Liquidtiger720,casurfer911,fkong777,Mendozart(and his brother), are interested.

By the way any suggestions from anyone will be of great help to help the groups first meet.

My email is sgarven@unitedauto.com if anyone needs to contact me.

-Scott

Gayle
07-24-2006, 08:47 PM
I think the 3 of us in San Diego (aston jag tech, casurfer911, & me) should get together before casurfer911 goes back to school.

We can do the so cal thing in September or October. Then we can organize a state wide one at bimmerfest.

Scott You were asking about what people do at meets. It depends on how big.

Obiviously Bimmerfest is the big one. There you look at the cars in parking lot and look at the vendors wares and if you are lucky enough to have a touring in your group, you tailgate. Four of us met at a grocery store before the meet so we could enter together and park together. There was a whole section of sharks. Using the bimmerfest website, I think we could arrange for all the e34s to park together in 2007.

Bimmerfest--Santa Barbara--April (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=20703)

The e43 summer event in June in Chicago is the biggest e34 event. Last year 50+ cars registered but the threat of torential rains caused some to back out at the last minute so I think 34 showed up. There we went karting on Friday night. Saturday we walked around and examined every detail of every car. There was a contest for cleanest, most stock, and biggest POS. It drew people from about 5 surrounding states plus 2 fly ins.

Chicago e34 event June (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=22798)

The next biggest get together is at Rigmasters farm in North Carolina. He raises cows and rusty bmws. I think they ate and enjoyed the countryside and had a family kind of day. Brett offered to let people pull parts but I don't think that happened.

meet at Rigmaster's farm November (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=13914&highlight=meet)

There is group in NJ also met last November. They took pictures, ate and went home. They didn't write much about it or post those pictures.

I'll start a poll regarding dates for the LA area meet once we decide on a location. We should rely on the LA locals to recommend possible locations. A ride though the mountains would be nice but that is kind of far. Here is a pic that Califblue took on the Angles crest. Does that look like a sweet place for a ride or what? Hard to believe there are 16 million people under that fog. I bet it only looks like this at 6 am. But like I said--probably too far and probably too much traffic.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/LAbasinSmall.jpg

aston_jag_tech
07-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Sounds like a plan. Us San Diegans will met before casurfer911 has to head back to school. I am free on all Sundays for for, August I have to work on a Saturday for sure(dont know which day yet), Fridays work until 6:00pm.

I dont know what we could do, Probably go to a resturant. location has to be a cool place for us and our cars.
I dont have any problem with the following meet plans. I agree with you on the L.A. owners to choose a hot location and drive. I have never actually been to L.A. yet so cheers!

That one mountain picture is amazing, I saw somewhat similar in Missouri early in the morning, much smaller in amplitude though...and green! :D

Alright, I can meet up with you two(Gayle and Casurfer911) Next weekend for sure or the next weekends after that. I will be out of town this weekend.

Let me know.

-Scott

JohnC
07-24-2006, 11:57 PM
the e30 guys meet every wed. www.socale30.com. im still building up my cars. and if the rotas will finally come in my e30 would be a lot better looking.

Gayle
07-25-2006, 07:17 AM
the e30 guys meet every wed. www.socale30.com. im still building up my cars. and if the rotas will finally come in my e30 would be a lot better looking.

It would probably just make me sad that I got rid of my e30 convertible. But where do they meet? I couldn't find it on that link.

JohnC
07-25-2006, 10:19 AM
fusion i think. ive never gone but im sure thats where they go right over there in the convoy/clairemont mesa area. the s2k guys meet there on thursday.

TC535i
07-25-2006, 05:27 PM
My girlfriend was trying to convince me to let her take my E34 down to the Fusion meet... (she lives in SD, I live in LA) She's the girl that's usually there in a blue E36 "330is" (325 with M3 swap).

If there's E34 types there that would actually appreciate it, I might consider letting her borrow the tank...

I was planning on being in LA this weekend, but would probably head to SD next weekend if something ends up happening... keep me in the loop, wouldja? tcollins AT gmail DAWT com

Thanks!

Gayle
07-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Scott and I were talking about Sunday, Aug 13, but we aren't set on that date. I would like to meet you. Mike (Califblue) always talks about how much help you were to him when he first got his car.

And how did that group tint that you arranged last summer work out? Was that guy good? I need to get mine tinted.

TC535i
07-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Scott and I were talking about Sunday, Aug 13, but we aren't set on that date. I would like to meet you. Mike (Califblue) always talks about how much help you were to him when he first got his car.

And how did that group tint that you arranged last summer work out? Was that guy good? I need to get mine tinted.

Guy was good, but it was in the middle of my move to SD, so my 318 still has purplish tint on it, I took the front windows off tho. Friends that had it done that day are pleased tho, and others want to set up another day, I'll let you know if that's going down.

August might work, I know I have some weekends booked but don't know them offhand. I know the 18-20 I'm in Vegas, the 4-6 I was supposed to be in Texas for a wedding but I don't think that's happening, 12/13 I may be going to Buttonwillow and driving both days.

Would the 5th or 6th work for people? Maybe we can do the tint thing that day too! :)

Gayle
07-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Would the 5th or 6th work for people? Maybe we can do the tint thing that day too! :)

Or Scott and I are willing to travel. Scott has never been to LA. What part of LA are you in? I was sort of thinking about drafting Mike's house for a get together. He lives in Lomita and has a POOL. His place would be in the neighborhood for Greg and Ralph.

fkong777 where are you?

aston_jag_tech
07-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Good to see more and more people are wanting to join. Im willing to travel, no further than L.A. How about a BBQ? That would be pretty sweet. TC535I, the "tinting" idea is perfect! I can work the 6th of August if I need to. Lomita,CA sounds like a good spot if Mike is willing. Will be in touch.

-Scott

liquidtiger720
damn. I wanna go :(

TC535i
I live in West LA (Culver City), just north of LAX. I live in basically half of a duplex, but it's pretty modest... total bachelor digs.

My 'rents place in Carmel Valley is pretty shweet... outdoor bbq island with 2 burner stove, sink, fridge... Viking grill w/rotisserie... hot tub/pool...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2398/1959/320/IMG_1373.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2398/1959/320/IMG_1165.jpg

If there's interest, I'm sure they could be persuaded to let us bbq. The inside of the house may be torn up tho (pulling the ground floor and putting in new travertine), but I think restrooms will be accessible. If that would work, would people be interested in that?

Gayle
07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
I live in West LA (Culver City), just north of LAX. I live in basically half of a duplex, but it's pretty modest... total bachelor digs.

My 'rents place in Carmel Valley is pretty shweet... outdoor bbq island with 2 burner stove, sink, fridge... Viking grill w/rotisserie... hot tub/pool...

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2398/1959/320/IMG_1373.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2398/1959/320/IMG_1165.jpg

If there's interest, I'm sure they could be persuaded to let us bbq. The inside of the house may be torn up tho (pulling the ground floor and putting in new travertine), but I think restrooms will be accessible. If that would work, would people be interested in that?

It is only Scott and I in San Diego. Maybe CAsurfer911. We had been talking about meeting a restuarant. Or I was thinking about the beach. Maybe Swami's in Encinitas because it has shade and I don't do sun well. That is nice of you to offer your 'rents place.

TC535i
07-25-2006, 07:11 PM
It is only Scott and I in San Diego. Maybe CAsurfer911. We had been talking about meeting a restuarant. Or I was thinking about the beach. Maybe Swami's in Encinitas because it has shade and I don't do sun well. That is nice of you to offer your 'rents place.

They totally wouldn't mind, since the inside's gonna be torn up and all, they're moving out for time being. Then we could grill/cook whatever we want, drink whatever we want, hang out in the driveway and talk cars, whatever.

Swami's would work too, Pizza Port is always good, either Carlsbad and Solana Beach, altho it could prove difficult to park together at either location.

Gayle
07-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Then we could grill/cook whatever we want, drink whatever we want, hang out in the driveway and talk cars, whatever.

Sounds good to me. You and Scott (aston_jag_tech) work out a date. I can do any weekend in August.

aston_jag_tech
07-25-2006, 08:12 PM
Im up for TC535I offer of his rents spot, very very generous of you. It is pretty far away. Where is the exact location? But seriously sounds like a great spot. All the other E34s in L.A. could stop by also! BBQ, drink sounds like a chill time.
Ill bring burgers and drink. And of course buns and condiments. So like what would the plan be? Sat? Sat and Sun? It would be completely perfect if it was Sat and Sun just for the fact that G

aston_jag_tech
07-25-2006, 08:13 PM
Continued from last post......
Gayle and I have to drive from San Diego. I can get together the weekend of the 12 and 13th, maybe sooner. Let me know what your thoughts are.

-Scott

SC David
07-25-2006, 08:39 PM
Aww man, we really need to get the NorCal 5er meet going again.

TC535i
07-25-2006, 08:49 PM
No problem. I'll try to find out in the next day or two what the plans for starting the floor removal are, and I'll nail something down.

What are the backup locations from there? I'd do Pizza Port in Solana Beach for dinner & beers, I love that place. Great food, awesome beer, cool atmosphere too.

aston_jag_tech
07-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Sweet man, thanks! Hope you dont have to nail too much.
Solana is good with me. We wont have a problem going to Pizza Port as a walk in right? How about 1PM Sunday? Sound good?

-Scott

aston_jag_tech
07-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Aww man, we really need to get the NorCal 5er meet going again.

Where would the NorCal meet consist of? All North of L.A.?

-Scott

Gayle
07-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Im up for TC535I offer of his rents spot, very very generous of you. It is pretty far away. Where is the exact location?

Scott--Are you thinking that Tim is suggesting his place north of LAX? That is what I thought when I first read it. A closer read says he is suggesting his parent's house in Carmel Valley. I get the impression that you are relatively new to San Diego and may not have your CA geography down yet. Carmel Valley is near the intersection of I-5 and highway 56. That is about 15-18 miles north of downtown San Diego and about 5 miles south of me.

aston_jag_tech
07-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Scott--Are you thinking that Tim is suggesting his place north of LAX? That is what I thought when I first read it. A closer read says he is suggesting his parent's house in Carmel Valley. I get the impression that you are relatively new to San Diego and may not have your CA geography down yet. Carmel Valley is near the intersection of I-5 and highway 52. That is about 15-18 miles north of downtown San Diego and about 5 miles south of me.
HA. I did see his place north of LAX and said Alright, but then he said Carmel Valley and I was like, uhmmmp, Allright.Yeah, I did "Carmel Valley, CA" Google, and it said 8 hours. 8 minutes is much better, :p . yeah I actually moved out here last April, April first after my Birthday. I love it out here.:D
Alright lets do it!!

Gayle
07-25-2006, 09:26 PM
damn. I wanna go :(

I keep saying you, David, Mike, and I should organize something around Sharkfest. Especially if you are going to be living in Santa Clara by then. You have no excuse. But whatever.

I have decided I am going Sharkfest if I have to go alone. Hubby and I are going to fly into Oakland and I am going to leave him with the relatives in Marin and I am going to rent a car and drive down.

I am not taking Hubby with me to Sharkfest though. After 30 minutes, he would be like "can we go now?" I would prefer to go with someone who knows something about bmws and who can walk around and explain to me what it is I am looking at. I figure if worst comes to worst and I can't get any of you guys to go with me, I will just have to put a skimpy outfit and attract someone to hang out with for the day to answer my clueless questions. :D Please don't make me stoop that low.

aston_jag_tech
07-25-2006, 09:29 PM
I will just have to put a skimpy outfit and attract someone to hang out with for the day to answer my clueless questions. :D Please don't make me stoop that low.

ha uhaha;)

Gayle
07-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I did "Carmel Valley, CA" Google, and it said 8 hours. 8 minutes is much better.
Alright lets do it!!

It probably gave you Carmel which is just south of San Francisco. Big difference in Carmel and Carmel Valley. Carmel Valley is a neighborhood--not a city.

8 minutes to drive 15-18 miles. your e34 must be really fast.

And LAX would be about 120 miles from you.

Gayle
07-25-2006, 09:36 PM
ha uhaha;)

If you saw my middle aged body in a skimpy outfit, you would really go ha uhaha. That is why I am saying guys, don't make me stoop that low.

Josh and David: Do you want to be responsible for a travesty like this?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/SeniordresscodeSmall.jpg

Edit: To Bleeding Knuckes and any one else here who is seriously literal--that is not me in that picture.

aston_jag_tech
07-25-2006, 09:53 PM
Alright so far we have these plans.

Tim offers 1st location of his rents place in the Neighborhood of Carmel Valley;). Second choice for location meet is Pizza Port in Solana Beach. Times are both at 1:00PM. on a Sunday.

We dont know which Sunday, the 6th or 13th. TC535I you said you are busy the weekend of the 12th and 13th? Yes yes?

-Scott
##Gayle, TC535I, Casurfer911, and Myself are all meeting##
##Anyone else interested please post if you are joining us##

aston_jag_tech
07-25-2006, 09:55 PM
[QUOTE=Gayle]If you saw my middle aged body in a skimpy outfit, you would really go ha uhaha. That is why I am saying guys, don't make me stoop that low.

Josh and David: Do you want to be responsible for a travesty like this?

Jesus that looks like cottage cheese and Tumors!:(

liquidtiger720
07-25-2006, 10:08 PM
I'll be in Santa Cruz....

I'm pretty sure I'll go to sharkfest.

will they let e34's in? hehehe.

TC535i
07-25-2006, 10:21 PM
Dad says they won't know what the deal is with the house for another week or so.

You guys want to set a backup? Pizza Port?

BTW, Gayle... Carmel Valley is by the 56. 52 is a bit south.

Gayle
07-25-2006, 10:58 PM
You guys want to set a backup? Pizza Port?

Pizza Port is good. Their brew "Shark Attack" won the gold award in its category in the 2006 World Beer Cup. It is category 82--Imperial or Double Red Ale. I personally prefer whimpy, wussy beers but I would like to try this.

World Beer Cup Winners (http://www.beertown.org/events/wbc/winners_list/winners_2006.html)

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

~ Benjamin Franklin

MBXB
07-25-2006, 11:21 PM
I'll be in SoCal (LA SDO) on my annual summer trip. My son has a gig in San Diego, Friday the 11th. If the planets, tides and sushi chefs line up right, I'm up for meeting up with y'all.

aston_jag_tech
07-25-2006, 11:21 PM
Pizza port is fine fine. Which Weekend?

Shark Attack sounds good. I had a lager called "Hog Wash", ambient temp, very good, glad I had it.

-Scott

angrypancake
07-26-2006, 12:03 AM
HA. I did see his place north of LAX and said Alright, but then he said Carmel Valley and I was like, uhmmmp, Allright.Yeah, I did "Carmel Valley, CA" Google, and it said 8 hours. 8 minutes is much better, :p . yeah I actually moved out here last April, April first after my Birthday. I love it out here.:D
Alright lets do it!!

April first birthday? Hell yeah, join the club!

Jehu
07-26-2006, 12:09 AM
I keep saying you, David, Mike, and I should organize something around Sharkfest. Especially if you are going to be living in Santa Clara by then. You have no excuse. But whatever.

I have decided I am going Sharkfest if I have to go alone. Hubby and I are going to fly into Oakland and I am going to leave him with the relatives in Marin and I am going to rent a car and drive down.

I am not taking Hubby with me to Sharkfest though. After 30 minutes, he would be like "can we go now?" I would prefer to go with someone who knows something about bmws and who can walk around and explain to me what it is I am looking at. I figure if worst comes to worst and I can't get any of you guys to go with me, I will just have to put a skimpy outfit and attract someone to hang out with for the day to answer my clueless questions. :D Please don't make me stoop that low.

I had planned a similar trip into SF and down to my old haunts in Santa Cruz and called this place; http://www.bnm.com/specsf.htm#rc they were very helpful though i ended up not going they left me with the sense it would have been a good,hassel free experience .I was going to take the Z4

aston_jag_tech
07-26-2006, 01:07 AM
April first birthday? Hell yeah, join the club!
April first, that was my first day I was in San Diego, which was a great day indeed. My Birthday is acutally march 17th. St. Patrick actually died on the 17th:(

-Scott

MBXB
07-26-2006, 01:13 AM
I'll be in San Diego probably Thu, the 10th thru Sun the 13th.
I have a client in Mission Hills I need to see, then I'm free.

My son has a gig Friday the 11th, which I don't want to miss.
He plays bass in an indie rock band!
Maybe a good place to meet up after dinner n shots of Jagermeister!! LOL

TC535i
07-26-2006, 08:24 AM
Hmm... that could be cool! His gig is Friday the 11th? Where's he playing?

aston_jag_tech
07-26-2006, 06:30 PM
I have some bad news, I am out of town from friday to Monday 11th to 14th. Uhhhh!!!! Maybe 2 E34 meets could happen, why not.

-Scott

Gayle
07-26-2006, 06:41 PM
I have some bad news, I am out of town from friday to Monday 11th to 14th. Uhhhh!!!! Maybe 2 E34 meets could happen, why not.

-Scott

So what dates are you available? And Tim--any update on your schedule?

This is starting to remind me of the 97 post thread we had in April just to decide what to eat for lunch at bimmerfest.

aston_jag_tech
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
I am free the 5th and 6th weekend. My friends of the family want me to join them going to big bear for the weekend and we planned so about 3 weeks ago. I also might have to work the 12th(sat). At my shop we have four teams which rotate for the saturdays. And I think that we are working that weekend. And this weekend I used a vaction day for Friday. Atleast all the complications are coming out now:)

-Scott

TC535i
07-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Just replied to the email... a week from Sunday works for me!

Gayle
07-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Ok great. We have a time and a place and a core of people.

Time: Sunday Aug 6 1PM
Place: Pizza Port Solana Beach--Home of World Cup Beer Winner "Shark attack"

Attending:

Scott (aston_jag_tech)
Tim--member of the original A team (TC535)
Gayle

Mike (Califblue)--are you in?

Haven't heard back for Casurfer911 who lives in Carlsbad.
Any of you other LA guys want to come down? (Every weekend, everyone else in LA does).

I live 1.5 blocks from the beach between Cardiff Reef and Swamis. If anyone wants to surf before getting together, you can shower at my house. (Hey Pancake--come on down).

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/e34Gayle/ateam.jpg

Tim--will you autograph my poster?

Ramon--since you are missing the party, I'll go with you to hear your son play. Where is his gig?

angrypancake
07-26-2006, 08:42 PM
I just got off the phone with my buddy Andrew (kid at USC, ex bimmer owner) it looks like I'll be out there the first week in September!

Gayle
07-26-2006, 08:45 PM
I just got off the phone with my buddy Andrew (kid at USC, ex bimmer owner) it looks like I'll be out there the first week in September!

Great. Pencil me in to your calendar.

Edit: Maybe we can do the LA get together while you are out. What is the date range? Are you going to be staying in San Onofre?

TC535i
07-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Oh man...

I'm afraid I'm going to dissapoint. My car's literally seen less than a thousand miles in the last ~2 years... it's been sitting in my parent's driveway uncovered, and it's severely neglected. :(

Jehu
07-26-2006, 11:05 PM
If you like great music The Allan Holdsworth Trio is playing at Gallagher's Pub 300 Pacific Coast Highway #113,
Downtown Huntington Beach Saturday night.
http://www.therealallanholdsworth.com/allanlive.htm
I saw them last month and it was a mind blowing revelation.

Gayle
07-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Oh man...

I'm afraid I'm going to dissapoint. My car's literally seen less than a thousand miles in the last ~2 years... it's been sitting in my parent's driveway uncovered, and it's severely neglected. :(

No problem. All e34s are interesting. I figure the point of this is more a bonding experience for e34 owners that oggle our cars. Mine is in the shop getting the interior door panels redone. I told them they could keep it as long as they wanted, so I might not even have mine back.

And I went through a similar thing with my e30 convertible. I threw up in it (I don't hold liquor any better than I handle sun) and I was just to busy to clean it well enough to get the smell out, so it sat in the garage for over a year and than sat out on the street for about 6 months. Boy was it sad after that. Lot's of detailing brought her back but I understand severe neglect.

Maybe this will inspire you to get reacquainted with your e34:)

MBXB
07-27-2006, 08:36 AM
It's at a place called Scolari's Office and they should go on around 10pm. I haven't got an address yet.
Will keep you posted.

Ramon

Ramon--since you are missing the party, I'll go with you to hear your son play. Where is his gig?

aston_jag_tech
07-27-2006, 08:43 AM
August 6th 1pm at Pixxa port, I am there!
Speaking of quality of cars, I am rejuvenating my car, it was necleted before I owned it. I needs paint desperatley. Cheers all!!

-Scott

Gayle
07-27-2006, 08:51 AM
It's at a place called Scolari's Office and they should go on around 10pm. I haven't got an address yet.
Will keep you posted.

Ramon

Ooooo--I love dive bars.:D :D :D

http://entertainment.signonsandiego.com/profile/113412

Gayle
07-27-2006, 08:53 AM
August 6th 1pm at Pixxa port, I am there!
Speaking of quality of cars, I am rejuvenating my car, it was necleted before I owned it. I needs paint desperatley. Cheers all!!

-Scott

I have a porter cable, an oceanview driveway, and a garage with a beer frig. You guys are welcome to knock yourself out. We could have a detailing party if you like. I am always up for polishing my engine bay.

Edit: Even better, we sit in the shade and drink beer and watch Tim polish his car. There is no greater joy than watching someone else work. :D

Mike you have to come and bring the easy up.

TC535i
07-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Ooooo--I love dive bars.:D :D :D

http://entertainment.signonsandiego.com/profile/113412

You should check out Ocean Beach... Tilted Stick, etc... some great dives.

I'm also partial to Night Owl right at Garnet and Balboa, just as you get off the 5 south and head into PB via Garnet, it's on your right just past the gas station as you turn the corner. Leucadian up in Encinitas can be good, but it's getting too popular.

My definition of a dive bar is any place they don't have beer on tap.

TC535i
07-27-2006, 11:28 AM
My car's gonna need a whole lot more than a polish. :( There are some spots where the previous owner buffed thru the paint that have a touch of surface corrosion. They were fine when I took care of the car and always had a coat of wax on it, but they're starting to act up again. :(

Needs a claybar treatment BAD.

MBXB
07-27-2006, 12:18 PM
I've played so many dive bars I feel homeless unless I drop in once in a while. It still feels weird telling the doorman "I'm the bass player's dad" instead of "I'm in the band" LOL

Gayle
07-27-2006, 12:57 PM
You should check out Ocean Beach... Tilted Stick, etc... some great dives.

I'm also partial to Night Owl right at Garnet and Balboa, just as you get off the 5 south and head into PB via Garnet, it's on your right just past the gas station as you turn the corner. Leucadian up in Encinitas can be good, but it's getting too popular.

My definition of a dive bar is any place they don't have beer on tap.

Educational enrichment for the Day :)

Wikipedia on Dive Bars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dive_bar)

TC535i
07-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Educational enrichment for the Day :)

Wikipedia on Dive Bars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dive_bar)

They can have their definition... I still base mine on the presence of draft beer (or lack thereof). :)

Gayle
07-27-2006, 06:28 PM
They can have their definition... I still base mine on the presence of draft beer (or lack thereof). :)

I'll drink to that. :) Mine is if the fixtures are older than I am, and I am afraid to touch anything in case it is sticky.

MBXB
07-27-2006, 07:38 PM
A couple of regulars who look like they live there, and "clean restrooms" LOL

I'll drink to that. :) Mine is if the fixtures are older than I am, and I am afraid to touch anything in case it is sticky.

Mendozart
07-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey, I used to play the Leucadian! It was actually a pretty good gig, I would just spend the weekend in S.D. with my in-laws.

Gayle
07-27-2006, 09:38 PM
Hey, I used to play the Leucadian! It was actually a pretty good gig, I would just spend the weekend in S.D. with my in-laws.

The Leucadian has the most distinctive sign ever! Maybe this weekend I'll head over that way and take a pic and post it.

I talked to Mike and he would be willing to host a LA event at his house in Lomita in Sept or Oct if we can work out a date.

TC535i
07-27-2006, 10:26 PM

That place goes off on Thursday nites now... DJ spinning underground/hip-hop and a huge under-30 crowd. Different than the Leucadian I used to crash (altho I'm under-30 too). I love dive bars... cheap drinks, and interesting people (I'm all about the people-watching).

Mendozart
07-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Sounds good, will be looking forward to it.