PDA

View Full Version : screws and whatnot

misfortune
07-23-2006, 09:03 PM
So, I was looking at an auction the other day featuring a whole pile of screws and thinking of how dumb that was....fastforward to today.

Car is finished except for the various screws/bolts in the front end. Basically I'm going to buy them and go babysit the guy who is putting it back together to make sure he's not zip tying my car back together and he's bolting it and doing it all right.

I LOVE BABYSITTING GROWN MEN ITS SO MUCH FUN OMG.

Anyway, I'm calling BMA in the morning and I always end up in the same boat when I call them of sounding like a complete blubbering idiot.

I need the two fender bolts nearest the front of the car, and pretty much everything pertaining to the grille and front end of the car. How would YOU go about ordering such?

632 Regal
07-23-2006, 09:43 PM
look up the bolt sizes on realoem.com and order from there or get the part numbers or something.

Ausmpower
07-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Go to you local fastner supplier once you have the correct dimensions and save a Packet over OEM or parts store prices.

NY535iManual
07-24-2006, 01:54 PM
A lot of junk yards will let you pull fasteners etc off their cars & then charge you by the pound...

Russell
07-24-2006, 04:27 PM
interesting. I have yet to find a 94/95 e-34 in scrap yards in my area. Even so, I still find the dealer often cheaper for new small stuff when you factor in shipping with on-line suppliers.

gale
07-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Home Depot has a decent selection of metric nuts & bolts. They even have the high strength alloy 10.9 & a few 12.9 kPa spec.

NY535iManual
07-24-2006, 04:57 PM
interesting. I have yet to find a 94/95 e-34 in scrap yards in my area. Even so, I still find the dealer often cheaper for new small stuff when you factor in shipping with on-line suppliers.

I know of a couple of local "wrecker" e34s in South Florida (admittedly not 94/95), but if I told you where they are I'd have to kill you ;). Before everybody jumps in, the interior & glass are already gone, as are both trannys and all the body panels that aren't creased or rusted...