PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance results.... I gotta ?

JoeS
07-22-2006, 08:27 PM
I will be interested to get the car on road after all my maintenance efforts today, but it will have to wait. Upon bleeding my clutch, I discovered the master cylinder is toast. This will be my my 3rd mastercyclinder since my manual conversion. The push rod keeps breaking off at the piston inside the unit. I know perhaps one issue, I am using the cheapy FEBI cyclinder and not the original equipment by FAG. So, today I ordered a FAG from BMA. ( Sounds kinda funny doesn't it)

From i can tell there is very little adjustment in the pedal box for for the push rod/clutch master cylinder. Any clue on why these keep breaking?

winfred
07-22-2006, 08:37 PM
bent/broken pedal box? seen it happen (not on a e34 but a bmw) something is obviously out of alignment

mamilapon
07-22-2006, 09:06 PM
I'm with you Winfred, even the Febi products are of quite good quality and should last.

Bill R.
07-22-2006, 11:04 PM
here then it can put the rod in a bind when the pedal is in and tend to snap it. I've seen it mostly on 6 series cars.

I will be interested to get the car on road after all my maintenance efforts today, but it will have to wait. Upon bleeding my clutch, I discovered the master cylinder is toast. This will be my my 3rd mastercyclinder since my manual conversion. The push rod keeps breaking off at the piston inside the unit. I know perhaps one issue, I am using the cheapy FEBI cyclinder and not the original equipment by FAG. So, today I ordered a FAG from BMA. ( Sounds kinda funny doesn't it)

From i can tell there is very little adjustment in the pedal box for for the push rod/clutch master cylinder. Any clue on why these keep breaking?