PDA

View Full Version : So I'm talking to Patrick @ BMA

530iBall
07-20-2006, 10:35 AM
because I'm doing my annual maintenance on my '95 530i and I've got this hose that runs out of the air box to somewhere down in the depths of the front, right-side of the engine compartment and it's got a gash in it (and has for awhile). I looked at the drawings at Real OEM and even using my VIN, I can't locate what this hose is or where it's going to and what it could be doing while seemingly not suffering from its gash. Please, educate me.

saj3n
07-20-2006, 10:40 AM
because I'm doing my annual maintenance on my '95 530i and I've got this hose that runs out of the air box to somewhere down in the depths of the front, right-side of the engine compartment and it's got a gash in it (and has for awhile). I looked at the drawings at Real OEM and even using my VIN, I can't locate what this hose is or where it's going to and what it could be doing while seemingly not suffering from its gash. Please, educate me.

I think it might go to the air pump located in the front bottom of the car. I was going to have mine replaced this week but was informed that its actually not "Neccesary" to have the airpump operate hence, the cable is not a big issue either. (just from what I was told)

632 Regal
07-20-2006, 10:46 AM
if you had your location in your profile it might help.

I dont have that hose on mine so I'm siding with Saj about the air pump.
Does your car have an air pump? I think Cali cars had pumps...

Bill R.
07-20-2006, 10:47 AM
see if it goes down to the airpump. You can tell Patrick that i gave you this part number

530iBall
07-20-2006, 11:01 AM
see if it goes down to the airpump. You can tell Patrick that i gave you this part number
Well it does go down to a gray part (seemingly plastic) that looks (at least from how much I can see of it) like the part pictured in the diagram. What does the air pump do and why isn't on all '95 530i's?

632 Regal
07-20-2006, 11:04 AM
emissions...where are you at?

530iBall
07-20-2006, 11:07 AM
emissions...where are you at?. I live in Philadelphia but I'm not the original owner.

saj3n
07-20-2006, 12:50 PM
. I live in Philadelphia but I'm not the original owner.

I live in Philly too! What area do you live in?

DABIMR
07-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Interesting.. All the newer BMW's have them now.. At least My '97 E39 528i/5 and my '02 E46 M3 all had the "Secondary Air Pump".:)

DABIMR
07-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Time to clean that engine bay..;)

saj3n
07-20-2006, 02:59 PM
Just had airpump removed, as it was seized, car runs the same, better even! (may be placebo effect)

saj3n
07-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Here's where my hose was torn, was pushed against a/c condensor pulley by the new radiator hose. You can follow the hose in the picture to the air pump at the very bottom of the pic. Right where the tail of the yellow arrow begins

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/saj3n/ShowLetter.jpg

Jon K
07-21-2006, 06:35 AM
Here's where my hose was torn, was pushed against a/c condensor pulley by the new radiator hose. You can follow the hose in the picture to the air pump at the very bottom of the pic. Right where the tail of the yellow arrow begins

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b203/saj3n/ShowLetter.jpg

Jasen did it fix your low idle?

saj3n
07-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Jasen did it fix your low idle?

You know what Jon, been so busy installing that radar detector and re spraying the front kidney's, i forgot. i'll go do that now.

Alan_525i
07-21-2006, 05:48 PM
I live in Philly too. We should do an E34 meet.

saj3n
07-21-2006, 05:53 PM
I live in Philly too. We should do an E34 meet.

yea, we've been trying to get something together...

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=22538&highlight=tri+state