PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: to my various problems

ber55ber55
07-19-2006, 11:04 AM
IDLE PROBLEM:
I thought it went away the other day when i sprayed some wd-40 in the idle reg. valve. DIDNT DO ANYTHING actually. Idle reg. valve or idle position sensor?

CENTRAL LOCKING SYSTEM:
Got the "relocking" problem fixed and the driver door to lock again.
NEW PROBLEM: now the passenger door wont lock, and it "unlocks" twice. What could it be this time?

INTERIOR:
Got the door panels off. In the process of restapling/glueing them and then recoloring all the leather and vynl.
PROBLEM: I cant figure out how to get the dash out or were to start, along with the center consule. PLUS: when i tryed to take the head-unit out, i took the two screws out, but it still didnt slide out and i didnt wanna force it.

COOLENT CHECK (warning light)
STILL ON!! the beeping is driving me crazy. I unplugged it, cleaned the connecter and plugs. took a long screw driver and hit the lil floater thingy because it might have been jammed. NOTHING! the level is well above minimum. Could that be why the light is on? Any other options before i replace the sensor?

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HAS HELPED ME THIS FAR.

BillionPa
07-19-2006, 03:51 PM
idle: clean out the valve with carb cleaner, you will need a whole can to get all the crap out. also run a few cans of fuel injector cleaner in the next few tanks so all your injectors are getting the right flow.

interoir: bentley manual is a huge help with the center console, as its a total bitch to remove (i still havent put mine back in!)

coolant: replace the sensor.

ber55ber55
07-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Alright, ill try carb cleaner

i fixed the locking system. back to 100%

coolent: guess i will just replace the sensor....grrrr :)

bentley manual: hmmm, im not to fond of em. I have one for my m3 and it sucks so bad i might as well be doing it without it or blind folded. thats just my opinion. Is there no1 that has done it and has takin pictures? PLEASE!! haha

thanks

gmannino
07-19-2006, 09:44 PM
I would suggest experienced installer or technician to remove the dash in a e34. The center console is much easier. The bentley manual would be good, but you can also try hayes manual, I dont know if they will have it in there but most pep boy, Kragens or autopart stores carry hayes. You can go there, and read it before attepting.

Its just on the dash, there will be lots of linkages and electrical. Some connectors might break and need to be re-wired.

ber55ber55
07-19-2006, 09:52 PM
is there a way to just kinda lift it....it doesnt need to come out completly...i just need to get all the vents and buttons out so that i can re-dye it. everything else is basically takin out or about to. so the center will be easy...hmmmm okay...ill check pep boys...

how your 525i treatin ya?

ber55ber55
07-21-2006, 09:34 PM
question......

I just realized something when I was doing the reset test on my 525i...

Ive been having a problem with my coolent level check light right?

Well on which side is the sensor, because today I found another one!

If you were looking at the car from the front...the left side, behind the plastic light cover, is another plug and sensor (or so it looks).....now which one is the check coolent level sensor??? the one under the expansion tank, or the one i just described, because to be honest, i didnt even know about the other sensor. im more m3 orientated to begin with...

Mendozart
07-21-2006, 10:26 PM
It's the one under the expansion tank. Get acquainted with www.realoem.com. This will really help in identifying parts.

ber55ber55
07-21-2006, 11:52 PM
yeah but my radiator is after market and when i looked at the site...it didnt show it...it didnt even have a level sensor or any time of radiator sensor when i tryed it....its not like i didnt try before i asked..... =)