PDA

View Full Version : Rigmaster's North American racetrack tour Summer/Fall '06

Rigmaster
07-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Well, I've got part-time job working for a local shop here in NC that specializes in Vintage race cars. I've worked 2 races for them in the last 2 months (VIR and Mosport) and they've told me they want me to work the rest of the year for them. There are 5 more race weekends to go, here's the schedule:

Aug 16-20 Mid-Ohio
Sept 6-10 Watkins Glen (NY)
Sept 28-Oct 1 Virginia Int'l
Oct 18-22 Road Atlanta
Dec 8-10 ROebling Road (Savannah, GA)

These are all vintage race weekends. There are always LOTS of unusual and VERY cool cars at these events- you never know what you'll see.

It would be great to meet up with some of you folks, if you're anywhere near these tracks, or if you're planning to go to any of these races. Let me know!!!

Bret

Craig Wright
07-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Bret: Check your e-mail. I sent you a note.

Craig Wright

Ross
07-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Bret,
Sounds like a great summer and fall of racing. I enjoy the vintage festivals more than any current series because of the variety of machines.
What sort of cars are you supporting?
I just finished with the Brian Redman (sorry, Kohler) Int'l. Challenge at Road America working as crew to a Shadow F-1 and helping out with a McLaren M8-E. It was a blast in spite of hard work and horrific heat and humidity.
At this event on Friday there is a parade of race cars into the town of Elkhart Lake. Everything from small bore sedans to a Porshe 917 K were on the steet! Some poor fellow allowed a mechanic to drive his McLaren M8-F in the parade who WRECKED it! No big injuries thankfully.
I'll post some pictures of some Bimmer powered cars as soon as the GF downloads them.

Rigmaster
07-19-2006, 12:41 PM
Bret,
Sounds like a great summer and fall of racing. I enjoy the vintage festivals more than any current series because of the variety of machines.
What sort of cars are you supporting?

I agree about the variety- you will see some cars that you never knew existed, even if you thought you knew everything about cars!! (Which I don't..).

The shop I'm working for specializes in Italian and German vintage cars, as well as all sorts of Vintage race cars. We only had 2 cars at Mosport (it's a long haul...) an Alfa GTV (GTA Clone) and a Sports2000. At VIR we had 9 cars ranging from an Aston Martin DB4 (think James Bond) to a Fiat 850 driven by an 85 year old racer!! There were 2 BMW 2002's there with us as well, a couple of Sports2000's and a pair of Alfas, as well as a pair of rare open wheel race cars.

Looks like we'll probably have about 8 cars at Mid-Ohio, not sure of the exact list yet, but it will be a good mix.

Bret.

billb
07-19-2006, 01:05 PM
I agree about the variety- you will see some cars that you never knew existed, even if you thought you knew everything about cars!! (Which I don't..).

The shop I'm working for specializes in Italian and German vintage cars, as well as all sorts of Vintage race cars. We only had 2 cars at Mosport (it's a long haul...) an Alfa GTV (GTA Clone) and a Sports2000. At VIR we had 9 cars ranging from an Aston Martin DB4 (think James Bond) to a Fiat 850 driven by an 85 year old racer!! There were 2 BMW 2002's there with us as well, a couple of Sports2000's and a pair of Alfas, as well as a pair of rare open wheel race cars.

Looks like we'll probably have about 8 cars at Mid-Ohio, not sure of the exact list yet, but it will be a good mix.

Bret.
sounds like a blast.

Rigmaster
07-19-2006, 01:28 PM
sounds like a blast.

Bill, sounds like you better get that cough checked... :)

Bret.