PDA

View Full Version : My washerfluid pump went nuts

Espen
07-18-2006, 01:12 PM
I parked my car, went in the back to take out something from the trunk. At this time the ignition was off and keys inn my pocket, suddnely i hear a BZZZZZ sound, first i though it was my neighbour with his radio controlled airplane. But i soon noticed a river of washerfluid from my car, it was the headlightwashers that completly dumped my tank, wich was allmost full..

I popped the hood, and disconnected the battery, then a alarmhorn started to beep like a trailer in reverse, it soon died out because the batteries in it died. I have disconnected the battery several times before, but never heard that alarm.. The horn has a bmw logo stamped in on it, looks like a oem to me.

Qube
07-18-2006, 02:06 PM
You cheated on her with an e39 didn't you? I've never made my car cry...

Espen
07-18-2006, 02:42 PM
Hehe no I didnt.. I drove my ford for a couple of days when I replaced some parts in the suspension on her. Maybe thats why...

Espen
07-19-2006, 10:03 AM
So nobody knows what could be the reason that my washers started, and why the alarm sounded as soon as i disconnected the battery?

Ross
07-19-2006, 10:08 AM
Just a guess here. I v'e seen MB do the same when the headlight wipers don't park properly. Perhaps the windscreen wipers are out of whack making the car think the wash/wipe cycle is incomplete? Don't you love this ****?
Good luck, Ross

mikell
07-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Is her name "Christine?"

Espen
07-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Just a guess here. I v'e seen MB do the same when the headlight wipers don't park properly. Perhaps the windscreen wipers are out of whack making the car think the wash/wipe cycle is incomplete? Don't you love this ****?
Good luck, Ross

Could be... I played around with the washers today, but it didnt do the same thing again.

mikell: what?