PDA

View Full Version : HELP! alarm going off and can't start

scott540
07-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Hey, I have the 3 botton key for my 540. I went out and locked the car with the remote. When I got back to the car it wouldn't unlock so I used the key to unlock the door, of course the alarm went off. Now I can't start it and the alarm keeps going off. Is there a way around this. I tried disconeecting the battery and even walked to the store looking for new batteries for the key. No luck. I got a ride home but my car is sitting in a parking lot. I'm searching the archives right now but thought I would send this first. This sucks!

saj3n
07-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Hey, I have the 3 botton key for my 540. I went out and locked the car with the remote. When I got back to the car it wouldn't unlock so I used the key to unlock the door, of course the alarm went off. Now I can't start it and the alarm keeps going off. Is there a way around this. I tried disconeecting the battery and even walked to the store looking for new batteries for the key. No luck. I got a ride home but my car is sitting in a parking lot. I'm searching the archives right now but thought I would send this first. This sucks!

I had a similar problem when I came home late and entered the wrong code into my car. Came back the next morning and tried usual code, after 3rd attempt alarm sounded. I had to leave the key in ignition 1 position, with alarm sounding for 15 min. After that, car was able to be started. Not sure if its the same thing with the alarm, but worth a shot.

joshua43214
07-17-2006, 06:27 PM
If what saj3n says does not work, yu will have to tow it to the dealer and get it reset.

scott540
07-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Somehow I got it to start. I took the fuses out that were mentioned in other posts and disconnected the battery. Still nothing. Everytime I touched the battery cable to the post the alarm would start again. I put everything back together , tried again and the alarm went off. When it stopped shrieking, I was sitting there and I put my arm on the door lock. All the doors locked and the hazards stopped. They had been going for about an hour except when the battery wasn't disconnected. Turned the key and it started. Hazards came back on though but stopped when I hit the hazard button twice. Locking it with a key in the keyhole from now on. Especially since I took the batteries out of it while sitting on the floor at ace hardware using their screw drivers where I walked to looking for new bateries for the key. They didn't have the right battery anyway. Nice 100 degree day to be messing around with the crazy piece of possessed ****.

saj3n
07-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Nice 100 degree day to be messing around with the crazy piece of possessed ****.

LOL

Glad you got it running!

scott540
07-17-2006, 07:21 PM
The best part was I was at the gym around 5:00 - lot of people coming and going and I got all 4 doors open and the trunk- to get some tools out, with a back seat half out and the alarm went of literally 50 times. Proud moment.