PDA

View Full Version : OT, on the big screen tv thread, thanks for all

Bill R.
07-17-2006, 10:40 AM
the opinions. I ended up getting a 60" sony grand wega V lcd rear projection.
After looking at all the others and comparing them endlessly.. and deciding that the 550 watts that the 50 plasma consumed was too much of a room heater for here. I liked the sony picture and clarity better than all the others i looked at. Its on sale at sam's club with the sony stand for 2299 right now. And sams has now started copying costco's 100% satisfaction policy, if your not happy with it for any reason bring it back for a full refund. On the other hand anybody that really likes the vizio 50 inch plasma , sams had them for 1499 right now. 500 less than costco.

Zeuk in Oz
07-17-2006, 04:52 PM
Good for you Bill !

Only problem - the World Cup's already over ! :D

There's always 2010. ;)

HDhandyman
07-17-2006, 09:31 PM
And then there's alway 2010, digatally remastered in true 16x9 on DVD! Enjoy your new tube, Bill.

P.S. You know, Fire Fly was filmed entirely in HD. I think that the whole series (13 great episodes) is like 30 bucks or something--and Serenity is availible on HDDVD. Just a thought.

Cheers,

1995 525i
07-18-2006, 12:58 PM
the opinions. I ended up getting a 60" sony grand wega V lcd rear projection.
After looking at all the others and comparing them endlessly.. and deciding that the 550 watts that the 50 plasma consumed was too much of a room heater for here. I liked the sony picture and clarity better than all the others i looked at. Its on sale at sam's club with the sony stand for 2299 right now. And sams has now started copying costco's 100% satisfaction policy, if your not happy with it for any reason bring it back for a full refund. On the other hand anybody that really likes the vizio 50 inch plasma , sams had them for 1499 right now. 500 less than costco.

What's the resolution on that bad boy? Buy a few superbit movies and let us know how they look on your new tv.

Michael

winfred
07-18-2006, 08:34 PM
didn't know FF was filmed in hd and i have the dvd set, love that show

P.S. You know, Fire Fly was filmed entirely in HD. I think that the whole series (13 great episodes) is like 30 bucks or something--and Serenity is availible on HDDVD. Just a thought.

Cheers,