PDA

View Full Version : trans problems still

slupregime
07-16-2006, 10:07 PM
i took winfreds advice on my trans problem b-4 with replacing the steel seals on the imput shaft and 1st and 2nd clutch packs. after putting it all back together when you drive it in economy it only stays in first...if you switch it to manual it will shift up to 3rd and wont go to 4th. the trans program light does not come on like b-4 and there is no slipping fluid isnt burned and it is full. what else could be the problem?

632 Regal
07-16-2006, 11:22 PM
sounds like you sliced a seal on assembly, seriously hope its a funky electrical connection before you pull it back out.

slupregime
07-17-2006, 10:20 PM
i went with steel seals again because my partner ripped the teflon seal does it sound like electrcal?

SnakeyesTx
07-17-2006, 11:21 PM
I'm going to take the road less travelled here and suggest looking at the valve body. I haven't had a crack at our trannies yet, but with other vehicles non-electric or electric, I'm pretty sure the valve body check balls and valves work pretty much the same way.

slupregime
07-19-2006, 09:34 PM
i guess my nest question on this is could the relay be bad or i also read if there is trans fluid on the connector on the transmision it needs a new seal and connector replaced ...is that so? if your out there winfred if you could give me your advice

thanks Nick