PDA

View Full Version : OT: Cleaning out the parking lot.

TheEndIsNear
07-16-2006, 01:37 PM
So I'm down to three cars now. Sold the Protege Rally, why have a car thats not even street legal. Gave the Celica Convertible to my mom, she really wanted a little convertible. Oh, and I picked up a new toy if anybody has any incite, 1990 Cadillac Seville non STS.

e39dream
07-16-2006, 02:08 PM
why so old? I've got a 98 deville in my driveway if you want it. 5k- near mint.

TheEndIsNear
07-16-2006, 02:29 PM
It was free...

SnakeyesTx
07-16-2006, 02:58 PM
I actually got my 525i because I was sick of my caddy. The drivelines are indestructable, but everything else will fall apart and quit working around it. The only thing my caddy had going for it was the motor and trans with only 89k on it (its 15 years old). Almost nothing else works. Aside from the a/c system being expensive (the lines have to be custom made now due to inavailability), the window regulators are crap (cheap plastic that *will* break), the air ride suspension (expensive replacement), they're prone to intake gasket leaks, and you'll be lucky to get 13mpg with no a/c! >:O

I can't bring myself to sell it since we bought ours brand new back in 91, but I look at that car as the family dog. It may be old, and run down a little bit here and there, but its still reliable, and its still ours.

TheEndIsNear
07-16-2006, 07:34 PM
This one runs quite good. Needs a little body work and all that. But hey my GF wants it so I'll fix it and she can buy gas for it. I'm so 'effing tired of projects, I just want to finish my 525.