PDA

View Full Version : Coolant flush-Need help!

Alexlind123
07-15-2006, 09:35 PM
I drained the coolant using the drain plugs on the block and the rad. I then ran water from the hose in the expansion tank to that it ran out the engine block. I torqued the black plug down and ran coolant in the expansion tank and out the rad drain plug.

Question: Is it now sufficiently flushed, or can i start it up with water running in the expansion tank and out the bottom of the rad with the heater on to further flush it?

winfred
07-15-2006, 10:11 PM
should be good to go with that unless you had some major crud infestation going on, i usually just dump everything and refill unless i got seriously nasty sludge

Alexlind123
07-15-2006, 10:37 PM
The coolant that came out didnt look bad except for the green color. I just filled it up with straight water and warmed it to operating temp with the heater on. Im waiting for it to cool down again so that i can drain the water and fill it up with coolant.

632 Regal
07-15-2006, 11:14 PM
yeah thats about it, I only took one block plug out on the pass. side as Im lazy. I filled and drained and ran 3 times before I did a final drain and refilled with the correct amount of antifreeze and then topped it off with distilled.