PDA

View Full Version : Pelican Auto Parts and Thrust arm bushings...

Tiger
07-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey Guys,
We were talking about thrust arm bushings and someone told me to buy from Pelican Auto... saying that you buy one. they shipped pair... Well, I was skeptical so I tried.

I got the parts today. I only got one of each... M5 thrust arm bushing, front sway bar link and one rear sway bar link dogbone.

I am going to return them all. Pelican does not have the greatest price and I don't want it.

I looked at the M5 bushings... they are not completely solid that fill up the whole bushing. It is still three points of contacts like the 750IL bushings... The difference between the two is one is solid rubber and one is supposed to be liquid filled.

632 Regal
07-14-2006, 08:57 PM
huh...
The difference between the two is one is solid rubber and one is supposed to be liquid filled.

gale
07-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Hey Guys,
We were talking about thrust arm bushings and someone told me to buy from Pelican Auto... saying that you buy one. they shipped pair... Well, I was skeptical so I tried.

I got the parts today. I only got one of each... M5 thrust arm bushing, front sway bar link and one rear sway bar link dogbone.

I am going to return them all. Pelican does not have the greatest price and I don't want it.

I looked at the M5 bushings... they are not completely solid that fill up the whole bushing. It is still three points of contacts like the 750IL bushings... The difference between the two is one is solid rubber and one is supposed to be liquid filled.

Bummer, didn't mean to lead you astray. They must not have looked at the box when they pulled them off the shelf to fill my order, came 2 to a box & they sent me 2 boxes & all along i thought I was ordering 2 bushings. A bit pricey then if sold single. I've always had excellent service from Pelican's & many times they have the best prices, but I do shop around. Hard to beat BMA's dedication & friendliness.

As for the bushing itself, it really tightened up the turn-in without any significant added ride harshness. I'm quite pleased with them. I'm thinking they'll last a bit longer than the 750 bushings now that I have broken myself of the habit of lifting the front with a floorjack under the crossmember & have gone to ramps instead. I'll slice one in half the next time they're due for replacement, & see if the Lemfoerder's really are liquid filled.

Tiger
07-15-2006, 08:18 AM
They wised up... no big deal... I knew it is too good to be true.