PDA

View Full Version : Lowered/ locking issues

Nick H
04-02-2004, 03:34 AM
Hey guys and girls,

Just picked the beast up from having the lowering springs fitted. Could only find 1 place that catered for E34 lowering in Australia, which was King Springs. The kit lowered the vehicle 30mm all round... Which looks pretty swish :) :)

once the sun is shining again I wil endevour to graba few pics... :)

ALSO: Does/has anyone have/had problems with locking their car with the key, and having the car unlock it self about 2 seconds later??

BigD
04-02-2004, 04:19 AM
Yeah, it'll do that if it thinks one of the doors isn't closed, which includes the trunk. When I drove my E34 in the winter, it happened all the time when salt and crap would get on the trunk button and it wouldn't pop out completely. The trunk was closed but the button wasn't out far enough to convince the computer, so it would pop the locks back.

ALSO: Does/has anyone have/had problems with locking their car with the key, and having the car unlock it self about 2 seconds later??

Paul in NZ
04-02-2004, 04:36 AM
a short circuit in the lh trunk hinge wiring(looking into the boot from the rear of the car)

kiNGMak
04-02-2004, 09:04 PM
check the fuses under the rear seat.. one may be blown.. 3 fuses towards the rear.. 7.5 amp browns